Close

Default body kit reviews/ opinions

My wife really wanted the duraflex kit for my 85, but I seen some bad reviews. The Saleem kit is nice, but to pricey. As of right now it looks like the only option may be the Xenon air dam.

Has anyone heard of or dealt with the Razzi kit?

Any other known air dams or kits for an 85?

I have never installed the Duraflex kit, but the ones I have seen are all "Ricer" IMHO. Fit and finish is pretty poor. Expect many hours of massaging and reworking to get a good fit if you choose that route. No idea on Razzi, but would expect slightly better quality, but still subpar IMHO.

The Xenon air dam is a good piece and they do offer a full kit, although not my favorite on the Foxes.

Personally I would go with the Cervini kit for the Fox. I don't remember if yours is a Mustang or Capri, but what you can do is the same as my plan for my 82 GT. I am using the original GT front air dam up front (NON GT and Capri can use the Xenon air dam) and the Cervini side skirts and rear valance to complete the look.

The last option that I used on my 79 PC is the Wings West 93 Cobra kit. Again using the Ford OEM front air dam, Wings West side skirts and rear valance that mimic the 93 Cobra. I like the look and its different than the Saleen so that is cool too. All require some fitment and massaging to fit well, but Cervini, Wings West, and Xenon all make quality products. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Mine is a mustang. I'll check out the west wing
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I have never installed the Duraflex kit, but the ones I have seen are all "Ricer" IMHO. Fit and finish is pretty poor. Expect many hours of massaging and reworking to get a good fit if you choose that route. No idea on Razzi, but would expect slightly better quality, but still subpar IMHO.

The Xenon air dam is a good piece and they do offer a full kit, although not my favorite on the Foxes.

Personally I would go with the Cervini kit for the Fox. I don't remember if yours is a Mustang or Capri, but what you can do is the same as my plan for my 82 GT. I am using the original GT front air dam up front (NON GT and Capri can use the Xenon air dam) and the Cervini side skirts and rear valance to complete the look.

The last option that I used on my 79 PC is the Wings West 93 Cobra kit. Again using the Ford OEM front air dam, Wings West side skirts and rear valance that mimic the 93 Cobra. I like the look and its different than the Saleen so that is cool too. All require some fitment and massaging to fit well, but Cervini, Wings West, and Xenon all make quality products. Good Luck!

​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

That is exactly what I have on my 79 coupe. The Cervinis pieces are really nice quality and required no work prior to instal aside from paint. The rear valance, although not indicated as a fit for the 79-86 models, will fit. The only issue is that it does not fit up tight to the body molding as it does for the later versions with the wider molding. It meant there is about a 1/2" space from the bottom of the molding to the skirt, so it is more apparent that it is an added piece.

Name:  Body kit.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  122.1 KB

I guess we need to try and save some money someplace else if she wants the kit. We can afford it, but set a budget

Quote Originally Posted by jpierce55 View Post
    I guess we need to try and save some money someplace else if she wants the kit. We can afford it, but set a budget
    Cervini doesn't do many sales, but occasionally they will do a 10% near the holiday season. LMR has sales pretty often and I have seen the Xenon front air dam on sale recently. Wings West is sold by many vendors, so do some searching and I am sure you will find it on sale at some point. Keep an eye on them and most likely you can save some cash in the near future if that is the route you choose to go. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks...I am hoping I can find a v-groove ac pump cheap to offset some money. I will start wiring the car back up this weekend. Most of the paint is off now, so definitely getting paint early spring.

Thanks...I am hoping I can find a v-groove ac pump cheap to offset some money. I will start wiring the car back up this weekend. Most of the paint is off now, so definitely getting paint early spring.
    I am assuming you have swapped out the serpentine belt system for a V belt system. If that is the case, the FS-6 was used on many vehicles including the trucks during those years. My 86 Bronco has one and uses the V belt system rather than serpentine. You can simply swap the V groove onto your current A/C if needed or otherwise check the J/Y for the whole setup if needed. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I'll second the quality of Cervini's. I bought a complete Saleen kit for my wife's 1991 convertible, very nice, excellent quality. I also bought it straight from them on a free shipping at 20% off (I couldn't pass that up) last fall. Heck of a deal!

I have a Xenon Air Dam on my daughters 83 Capri. With the right paint is looks pretty nice, but it doesn't fit very well. It is too long from fenderwell to fenderwell and the corners are not even close to the right contour.

Just chiming in.

Kenny

I have more than a belt swspName:  IMG_20201007_114123.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  243.7 KB

I am assuming you have swapped out the serpentine belt system for a V belt system. If that is the case, the FS-6 was used on many vehicles including the trucks during those years. My 86 Bronco has one and uses the V belt system rather than serpentine. You can simply swap the V groove onto your current A/C if needed or otherwise check the J/Y for the whole setup if needed. Good Luck!

How is the Cervini kit packaged for shipping? I am wondering if I could save $75, ship it to work and transport it in my tiny suv...

As I recall, the boxes are quite large. You could possibly unpack the pieces from the boxes to better fit in your SUV.

When I ordered the whole kit it came in 3 boxes. As stated all of them are HUGE! the side skirts is the smallest box in width, but still roughly 6ft or more long. The front and rear valance came in their own boxes and again they are HUGE. Full width plus some of the vehicle and then enough depth to include the bumper wrap around. None of them are heavy, just bulky. Unboxing would allow you to stack or nest the front and rear, then slide the side skirts in long wise in your SUV. I think I still have the side skirts box and maybe one of the front or rear I might be able to give you rough measurements on. When I ordered mine, shipping was included, so no benefit to ship it to a business address, but that was over a year ago. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

They have $75 for residential. I could probably attach the rear bumper valance to my luggage rack., The side skirts inside and take the front cover separate the next day. Thanks

They have $75 for residential. I could probably attach the rear bumper valance to my luggage rack., The side skirts inside and take the front cover separate the next day. Thanks
    Hmm changed since I ordered mine I guess. Depending on the size of your SUV, you can probably fit it all in one trip, but worse case two. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Not to hijack your thread, but in wonder how those dominator side pieces would look on my pace car, I look the wide body look but dont want to actually alter the body to get the look, the car is a restomod type of car so 100% originality isnt that important but I dont want to take away from it so it can be returned to stock if I wanted to 10 years from now.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shauncb View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but in wonder how those dominator side pieces would look on my pace car, I look the wide body look but dont want to actually alter the body to get the look, the car is a restomod type of car so 100% originality isnt that important but I dont want to take away from it so it can be returned to stock if I wanted to 10 years from now.

Any wide body kit such as the Dominator or the SVO fender/quarter flares will require a pretty significant amount of modification and body work to fit well and look good. Not that it can't be removed and returned to stock later, but definitely not like most of the later model stuff that is computer designed and "bolts on" using many of the OEM fastener locations. So keep all of that in mind when considering the wide body kits. Also consider wheel and tire choices and costs as it takes some special wheels and tires to fill up the flares and look good which adds at least $1000+ to the cost of the conversion. Good luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller