Hey guys, long time since I have post. Since you guys have helped me over the years, sort caught in a conundrum, with the distributor. This case about in a tuning discussion, with my engine I rebuilt. Long story short, tune was good, have electrical and part failure. One part that failed was my distributor, pip sensor broke amongst others.

Unanimously, across the Internet, everyone agrees the factory Ford Motorcraft TFI dizzy is just as good at the aftermarket unit whether your stock, mildly or heavily modified. Every site seems to state the same thing, aftermarket dizzy are using inferior electronic ( ignition pickup and Module ), some are saying the reluctor doesn’t have the tolerances the Motorcraft one has, or bigger windows. I can agree along with everyone else nothing beats a Motorcraft TFI Module, I have had my share of cheaper one that either die out or the metal back come off. However, the chances of getting a new Motorcraft dizzy are slim to none, your stuck with rebuilt ones or relying on a junkyard one. Of course you could replace the Ignition pickup (PIP) with a Motorcraft one, but does take some disassembly. A reluctor can be replaced with a junkyard one, your own or one from Pro-M, if your dealing with an aftermarket dizzy.

In the end, if the aftermarket is using inferior electronics in there dizzy, what do you think these rebuilt ones are using?

My question is what would you do for a replacement?

BTW: I know what I’m using in my setup, and if I need to replace anything I can do it which I’m sure most here could do it, but some would just replace the dizzy.

SaturnV and BWGUARDIAN know my setup, but may or may not know i damaged it 4 years ago on the HRPT.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk