Close

Thread: Dyno tune cost.

Default Dyno tune cost.

Thinking about switching to holley sniper efi so I inquired about how much a dyno tune cost from local shop. They quoted 550$. Want to know what other members have paid for dyno tune.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That doesn't seem outrageous depending on what he actually meant. Personally I find it weird he quoted a hard price depending on what he actually said. Personally, if I were a tuner I would say it's $xxx per hour with 1 hour minimum. So however long it takes, multiply that X $xxx and that is how much it will cost. How does he already know how long it will take? Both tuners I am familiar with quote this way. But at the end of the day, I think $550 would likely be a "air" price to both parties. Are you building an All out max effort drag car?
    EDIT: now I am really confused. I just looked up this particular Holley Sniper and it clearly says self-learning, no laptop required. Here is a direct quote from the Holley Sniper web page.

Simple Calibration Wizard (Answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - NO laptop required!
    Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!
    Last edited by homer302; 10-09-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    That doesn't seem outrageous depending on what he actually meant. Personally I find it weird he quoted a hard price depending on what he actually said. Personally, if I were a tuner I would say it's $xxx per hour with 1 hour minimum. So however long it takes, multiply that X $xxx and that is how much it will cost. How does he already know how long it will take? Both tuners I am familiar with quote this way. But at the end of the day, I think $550 would likely be a "air" price to both parties. Are you building an All out max effort drag car?
    EDIT: now I am really confused. I just looked up this particular Holley Sniper and it clearly says self-learning, no laptop required. Here is a direct quote from the Holley Sniper web page.

Simple Calibration Wizard (Answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - NO laptop required!
    Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!
    I wasn't all that clear, what I meant is how much it would cost to dyno, not necessarily dyno tune,

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

2 pulls for 50.00 for dyno day special in spring

What he ^^^^^said. My guy charges $25 a pull. You can make pulls all day for all he cares. Tuning is another thing entirely of course.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775