Close

Default Ford 8.8 clutch pack

Hello,
    No one has the Ford racing clutch kit for an 8.8 rear. Has anyone used another brand with any success?

Thanks
    Tom

79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Their website says they will ship on the 16th but, it won't be until the end of October. I was try to get it done sooner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 63roundbody View Post
    Their website says they will ship on the 16th but, it won't be until the end of October. I was try to get it done sooner.

Thanks
    Dang, that sucks.

how about this?

https://adtr.net/product/mercury-mar...k-rebuild-kit/
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

It's the same for that set as well. They say the vendor is backed up because of covid.

Thanks for the help. I'll just have to wait.

Tom

Have you tried looking on ebay? I know :groan: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ck&_sacat=6028

Yes I have looked at those and that's why I'm asking if anyone else has used them? They aren't Ford racing clutches and don't come with shims. Has anyone used these and if so are the quality pieces?

Thanks
    Tom

I need to rebuild the differential in one of my cars and I’ve been waiting months for amazon to have the ford kit back in stock.

Rockauto has a dorman kit
    Part # 697880,
    Has anyone used this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told that Oct. 30th they will have them in stock.

I've always, on every car, used the Ford kit. Zero problems and the wide shim variety lets me do what I want, stack-wise. Plus, fully self-contained with included juice. I rebuilt my latest this year, using the 1990s version of the restack for the first time. Went a-ok as always.

It's not hard work or expensive so, you could justify using something else but, who wants to do this stinky job twice, if it doesn't work well or long term?