Close

Thread: New Guy

Default New Guy

New member here. I live in Manchester, TN, I'm 75 years old and have always had a love for all things Ford. I currently have a 1979 Mercury Zephyr Z7 that I am installing a console from a 1985 Fox Mustang. The console has a digital clock with date, ET and time. The wires to the clock were cut and I am trying to figure out how to connect it to get it installed. There are 4 wires, blue w/white tracer, white w/black tracer, dark brown and black. I know that black is ground and I can connect the other three to power and everything works. Does anybody know which is the memory wire? If I can figure that one out, I should be able to get this thing working. Thanks for any help.
    Butch

Welcome to FEP. I have moved this to the electrical section as that is more appropriate for your question. Please see the wiring diagrams here http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...79-1986-in-PDF which are located at the top of the page of the electrical section. You can search each year model as needed depending on your specific needs.

The wires in question show to be:

LB/W (Light Blue/ with White tracer) --- Exterior Light Turn Signal Switch (Switched Power)??

W/Bk (White / with Black Tracer) --- Doesn't show W/Bk diagram shows W/Pink that goes to Power distribution splice (constant power)

BR (Brown) --- Exterior Lighting Headlight Switch (Illumination???)

BK (Black) --- Ground

Here is the link to the specific diagram I looked at: http://www.mc-machine.com/pdf/1985.pdf page 16 of 17 top right hand side of the page shows the electric digital clock. Hope that helps.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Welcome. I cannot really help you, but I do have some wire schematics from the SVO and 86 Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    Hello all, I'm in process of writing this up now, so ignore if not complete...

They changed everything from 83 to 86, but the clock was wired into the Centre Console Information Centre.

Someone else can help weigh into this. I have a wring picture from my 1981 Mustang, but its Centre Console Information Centre as well.

1985 SVO

All that stuff was integrated into the Centre Console Information Centre

See this youtube video at 3.47 to after 4 minute mark. 1986 connectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbllWAJNhyk