Close

Default Need another roller block decode please

Its a F1SE-BB block, four digit casting date code starts with a 2XXX so looks like its a 1992.

Partial VIN looks like an NK312607. The K could also be an X. The N would seem to line up with a 92 ?

The possible X number and the high numeric value seems to indicate a passenger car other than mustang possibly based on another decode from before.

I know FoxChassis seems to have all this info at his fingertips...thanks in advance !!

Yes, N is 1992.

K = Kansas City Assembly
    X = St. Thomas Assembly

Are you sure the last six characters are 312607 and not 812607 or B12607?

If the first character of the last six is a 3 it is a Ford.
    If the first character of the last six is an 8 it is a Lincoln or Mercury.
    If the first character of the last six is a B it is a Bronco or van or truck.

1992 F/L/M models with 5.0L:
    Bronco
    Cougar
    E-series
    F-series
    Mark VII
    Mustang
    Thunderbird

Kansas City Assembly in 1992 made F-150. As far as I know the last six of F-150 VIN started with a letter (A, B, etc.).

St Thomas Assembly in 1992 made LTD Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis but they had a 4.6L modular engine.

1992 Bronco was made at Wayne, Michigan Assembly (L)
    1992 Mark VII was made at Wixom Assembly (Y)
    1992 Mustang was made at Dearborn Assembly (F)
    1992 Cougar and Thunderbird were made at Lorain Assembly (H)
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks and yes upon further scrutiny the "3" could definitely be a "B"...so maybe NK B12607 ?

Kansas F150 would seem to line up then ? Not that it matters all that much but I'm curious.

Also the roller cam that was in there...and no guarantees it was original but I suspect so...has an "A" stamped in it near the XXXXXX markings by the gear. So this would seem to indicate a non-HO motor as well. I can't find any info online about this "A" stamp in the cam.

Geez the more I look at it the "B" could also be an "8". The stamp is not well defined.

Can you post a large pic of the stamping?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Looks like "NKB12607"

I am thinking F150 Kansas makes the most sense as the other combos don't seem to match up based on your info.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fox Chassis actually posted the following on another site,which I copied/pasted here.

An F1SE block is factory for 1991-95 Mustangs. F1SE means it was originally engineered for (designed for) a 1991 Thunderbird but Ford used that block in many other models.
    Last edited by wbrockstar; 10-27-2020 at 08:45 PM.