Close

Default Drive your 4 eyes!

Taking a little liberty with the four eye moniker to say "Drive your cars".

I took my other four eye, if you count headlights and driving lights, on a long road trip last weekend. The car is older then the forums oldest member as it it fast approaching 90 years old. We have an 95 year old aunt that has been a little down in the dumps with the current viral threats. She didn 't know we owned the car (long story) so I drove 549 miles round trip to her house so we could surprise her and take her for a ride.

The look on her face was worth every single mile at 45mph with a buggy suspension and sloppy steering. She told all kinds of stories about her childhood and riding while standing in the back behind her father. Since she still lives on the family farm we were able to drove around the area as she told about different places and who lived there. Where the school used to be (one room), where the church was that they walked to etc..

Car made it up and back with no mechanical issues. The trusty 4 cyl flathead used some oil (they all did) but ran like a sewing machine! Mile after mile!

The message is whatever you have take some time and get it out, dust it off and take it for a drive. I think most of us can get out of the congested areas and just enjoy nice cruises in the country. Its amazing how many people will smile at ANY old car. They bring back so many memories and any smile is a good smile.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Great job giving your aunt a boost in morale. Sounds like a fun sedan. My old man had a ‘30. Neat cars. Thanks for sharing
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

FEP Power Member

We took the wife’s car out for a car show some 3 hours away, 2 night trip. The car ran well even in the heat and traffic. It’s bee in my wife’s family since 71. Only has 48,000 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Great stories above.
    Because of Covid I work from home.
    So I parked my diesel engined car, and drive my mustang almost daily instead.
    Really enjoy cruising around town and roundtrips of some 50 miles in it.
    I

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Interesting detail stories! Regular daily drivers from the past that keep their time standing still.
    Imagine in 2050 someday someone doing the same in our Fox era cars.
    A car, for one; like a 4 wheeled mechanical psychologist tool. Owners translate it's intended purpose.
    When they get old, eventually transition from just a car to more.

"Overall, psychologists assess, diagnose, and treat the psychological problems and the behavioral dysfunctions resulting from, or related to physical and mental health. In addition, they play a major role in the promotion of healthy behavior, preventing diseases and improving (patients') quality of life."

Most anybody should accept a ride in a family, performance, regular, car old enough to go back to one's child to pre-driver license age.
    To finally own one and drive one is a higher quality experience. Finally driving, owning, a certain classic car after getting license to drive.
    More overall than other familiar old items like a play toy, lawnmower, or to tour school, street, house you or someone once lived.
    A treat (treatment session?) to drive to work.

White is the best color for that T-Bird. Yellow rims are unusual but work on that 30 car. The 'graphics' package.

Great to have one classic car in daily driver shape to see what they are about. One with the bugs worked out or not.
    Even better with mild upgrades, say from front drum and related. The items that sucked but have been improved over the years.
    Classics have maintenance now than back then. Add the fact more parts age. Finding them can be easy or impossible.
    'Write the costs off' as therapy?
    Lemons exist. People still remember driving wore out junks that would not quit.
    https://www.hotcars.com/the-biggest-...e-up-for-them/

Great stories and great cars! Thanks for sharing guys
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I’m working from home and driving my kids to school every day. The weather has been beautiful all of September so we’ve used the old Country Squire wagon most days.
    This car makes everyone smile.

Much better than a minivan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk