Close

Default Convertible window gap?

Hey Guys,

Ive been trying to fix a small gap between the front door window and rear quarter window on both sides of my 86 convertible. Ive replaced the weather-stripping, and have adjusted the front door windows to go as far inward toward the interior and the rear quarter to push outward toward the exterior as possible. I cannot figure out how to close this gap and everything seems to be adjusted as far as I can take it, what am I missing?Name:  20200926_112019.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  111.5 KB

FEP Power Member

Have you tried adjusting the rear window out?
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Yes I adjusted it as far out as I could

First, adjust it with the top down. As you know by now there are 2 points of adjustment for the rear side window, one at the top of the mounting box and one at the bottom. If you need a lot of top swing, work the bottom first, then adjust the top one so the bottom of the window is right. Once you get it to fit with the top down, then put the top up and try it. it could also be the back window track that is part of the roof which is pulling it in. I can't remember if it is adjustable, but I'll bet it is.

Those windows are the worst to align, so many adjustments and the mechanism is quite complex to make the window rise, then move forward.

Kenny