Close

Default Bought 84 SVO 9W 20,000 original miles

Most things seem to work, has some idling issues, but electronics seem to work, gotta run through all the code tests and compresion and give her a good tune up, and fix some crumbling 84 engine wiring lol but hopefully she will be restored within a shortish period of time as funding and finding parts allowsName:  Resized_20200704_061313.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  1.10 MB

I do have the wipers previous owner disabled the wiper system, so im going to have to check underdash wiring before hooking back up to make sure no reason for unhooking

bi wing is also in the car, holes were almost pulled through so i removed it to keep it from getting lost

Got her running This weekend, repaired the wiring going to the distributor module, set timing to 10* with spout wire disconnected, and found a large ground unhooked under my dash, also through looking at literature on here I have found out i'm missing the original boost control solenoid (was wondering why i had capped off lines on turbo) so as long as i run the car with premium switch off it does not detonate and i can drive it with no issues at 3000rpm lol, did find leaking readiator though so that is next to be adressed hopefully soon

also noticed that the odometer is not aligned so car may actually have 120,000 miles :P

FEP Senior Member

Any history on the car? That will give you a good idea what the true miles are.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Not entirely sure all i know is guy i bought it from in detroit said that the car had been rear ended which it does have paint damage to rear bumper, while getting the car to run i had fuel issues so checked inertia switch and found really no major unibody damage in rear of car, but i did notice that there was significant damage around the front right apron and framerail that had previously been repaired. Appearing to be from a quick shop because there are still some bends in the rails. The previous owner was restoring the car and had been for many years, last tagged registration was in 1994, i have put about 400 miles on the car since getting it running, mostly in small short runs while testing out fixes. It ran Excellent for about 15 minutes one day and scared the hell out of me because i wasnt expecting the power, at least not after the previous run.

Also know a bit about bodywork, lol been restoring 64.5-70 Shelbys for over 7 years as my full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by KrupnekT View Post
    Also know a bit about bodywork, lol been restoring 64.5-70 Shelbys for over 7 years as my full time job.
    Knowing Shelby's and SVO's I find it funny how marketing made the Shelby's valuable while the truly engineered SVO's get little respect. On paper the SVO's should be as valuable as a Shelby if not more.

duplicate post

Nice SVO, I need to get another one. In 1984 I bought a wreaked one when I was a senior in HS, love that car. I felt pretty lucky in HS, I had a 1980 Capri and a 1984 SVO. 36 years later and I'm still playing with Foxes!
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Just ordered 3in exhaust to replace rusted off system and putting in 255 walbro and pimpx with harness hopefully make bit more power and be slightly more reliable

Enjoy reading your updates... while the SVO will never be in the Shelby price range, they sure are a blast to drive.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Quote Originally Posted by KrupnekT View Post
    also noticed that the odometer is not aligned so car may actually have 120,000 miles :P
    Depends upon "how badly" it is out of alignment. But I've seen them look pretty far out (even on newer one's back in the day),
    and never been touched. Tolerance on them was pretty big.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Theres a local guy in my area that is known as a foxbody guy and he checked out my odometer and he did not believe that it had been rolled over so I believe that the mileage is fairly accurate the car just saw a pretty hard life in whatever accident it was in and someone trying to steal the radio before I found the car. Putting the pimps system in so i can have boost control and be able to more effectively monitor my engine parameters and avoid stock computer issues. Replaced the alternator, voltage regulator, starter solenoid, coil, spark plugs, and put in new battery just waiting for the exhaust and pimpx parts to arrive, may pull engine out and clean it up and paint it during the rewire process but unsure may just degrease it and drive it for now until have little more free space in garage lol