Close

Default Cam shaft journals

I got a guy going to grind me a special grind similar to A237. But he mostly does mod Motor stuff. He just answered me back how many cam journals we're on the cam. This struck me as funny because I don't remember being two different cams for the Lima engine. Somebody School me
    I would rather be juged by 12 than carried by 6

I'm not sure I would have a cam grinder that doesn't know how many lobes are on the cam he is going to grind before hand!!.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by wvragtop View Post
    I got a guy going to grind me a special grind similar to A237. But he mostly does mod Motor stuff. He just answered me back how many cam journals we're on the cam. This struck me as funny because I don't remember being two different cams for the Lima engine. Somebody School me
    The Pinto T series EAO engine from the Dagnham plant (blue color) and the Cologne plant ( black color) from 69- 74 had three bearings. The Lima OHC has four. The two engines share some parts, but the 74 to 2001 2.o, 2
    3 and 2.5s are 100% American designs on a huge 4.17 inch bore spacings. The 69 to 74 Pinto engine is on a tiny 102 mm or 4.0157 center inch bore spacing. They look like a pidgeon pair...but they arent.

The US Lima OHC has hydraulic lifter clearancing and many other detail changes.

Care to share which mod motor guy is going to grind you a pushrod cam?
    Cam grinding is cam grinding. Many cam companies make cams for lots of different applications.
    as long as the cam is ground correctly, and the lobe centers are in the correct place, shouldn’t be an issue.
    Make sure that you can get a refund if you measure the cam and it is not up to specs on the card though.
    just in case
    just imho
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I was just referring to a guy that is on SVTPerformance and on Facebook known as NA SVT. Todd Warren he's not actually grinding the cans he just specking them.
    I would rather be juged by 12 than carried by 6

Gotcha. Very familiar with Todd over the years. He definitely knows his stuff when it comes to mod motors
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.