Close

Default 84 2.3 turbo NOT SVO A/C questions help!

Hi all we are working on 84 GT Anniversary 350 2.3 turbo non intercooler. We are missing all the compressor brackets and compressor and lines. We would like to reinstall it. But . Wanted to see if anyone had the brackets an old compressor for mock up.Maybe old lines. I just can't seem to find the correct ones everyone has v8 stuff. Thanks for any help.I was thinking junk yards from ranger's but that's all newer serpentine belt systems not the v grove belts we have. Any suggestions or information helps.

FEP Power Member

FYI, SVO is the same on all those components.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

As KevinK mentioned, all the parts should be the same for the SVO and the regular 2.3 Turbo. In most cases the parts are the same from 83-86. The biggest issue I generally see with parts store listings is the York compressor being listed as the correct compressor which it is not. The York in most cases wasn't used after 1982 at least in regards to the 2.3 and the 5.0. The small pancake compressor is getting harder to find everyday, so keep that in mind. If you have to replace everything, if you aren't concerned about originality you might consider going aftermarket with Sanden. Hose Wizards used to offer a bolt on kit of the 2.3 Mustang, but the owner passed away and I don't believe they are in business anymore, but not 100% on that. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

You can also source theses parts from the Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 83-86.

I just got done adding this to my 83 Capri Rs Turbo... I got a compressor, brackets, etc off an 85 2.3 non-turbo Mustang. I had to buy new lines (from amazon for an 87 Turbo Coupe since SVO lines weren't there) with the exception of 1 line in particular which wasn't available. Make sure you get the line from the compressor to the condensor from the donor as well as the compressor and brackets.

THANKS GUYS!! I picked up 86 svo compressor brackets bolts I will be getting new hoses and condenser and lines from like rock auto or amazon . Thanks!!