Close

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Default Za-Za-Da-ZOOM-ZOOM......

I'm about to use Z00M for the first time, wish me luck.
    haha

FEP Senior Member

Have fun. I'd rather stick my hand in a running blender than participate in any more Zoom conference calls.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Believe-you-me friend I'd rather stick both hands into two blenders! Overall, I'd give it a B- It was for business purposes so very necessary.
    Kind of hated having to download all of that Z00M garbage onto my PC. Who knows what that will do over time; I feel like bringing my PC to the dump now, and buying another, haha.
    Hope everybody is doing well

FEP Senior Member

Brief overview of a Zoom meeting. Multiple people start talking at the same time. Awkward pause while the people who were talking wait for the others to talk. Don't hear anything and mulitple people start talking again. Repeat for 30 minutes to an hour.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Dont throw pc out if running good. Re-purpose them. One option is to have more than one pc available.
    Piece of mind. Like owning 2 cars. Don't lose those pics. Hard drives can fail or get corrupted quickly.
    Use a good KV switch to switch back and forth quickly between pc's using same monitor, mouse, kb.

If security or losing programs is a concern, two pcs and especially regular data backups make sense.
    One dedicated to online or business, one for personal data, games.
    Off lease pc's can be a bargain, especially when included with an op system. Prune out the garbage.
    May not be the latest or fastest, but will do the job once configured to do so.
    One older one can easily run only house security cameras, digital house lighting, CAD, stuff like that.
    They run quicker when not loaded down with everything. Freedom to experiment.

Have three desktop tower units and one laptop. Very flexible system using MS Windows. Card slots are key.
    Three identical 17" monitors configured as extended desktops off two video cards.
    First main pc is used everyday.
    Second pc is clean everyday backup and diagnostic unit. Ready to go, stays off. .
    Third pc is former everyday unit, now an archive for vintage games, etc. Stays off. Still capable as everyday unit.

Also have:
    USB hd for storing backups and critical program utility programs.
    USB hot swap dock for ssd or serial hds.
    Extra power strips, safely branch connected, power controlled by main hd power strip.
    System is under 300w total all up.