Close

Default Got a rare one here! Personal statistics.

Just received my personal stats from Kevin Marti,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kirby; 08-27-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Cool, 1 of 1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What...& no pictures...
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Thanks for posting that. I enjoy seeing Marti reports. I wonder why it is stated that 31,525 of the 36,134 Capris produced in 1982 were Capri 3-Door Fastbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    I wonder why it is stated that 31,525 of the 36,134 Capris produced in 1982 were Capri 3-Door Fastbacks?
    As with all Marti reports, the production numbers are based off of the body code in the VIN. In this case the second production number is for VIN body code P67. The other VIN body code in the 1982 model year was P68 (Capri GS). So the remaining 4,609 were Capri GS 3-door fastbacks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Interesting; of 673 Black Magics, only 612 got the vinyl/cloth Black & Gold seats, which would imply 61 units left the factory with something else.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 08-27-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added text

Recaro seating was optional in 1982 BM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Recaro seating was optional in 1982 BM.
    Oh see, that's what I thought. I wonder if it was traditional Mustang Recaro seating, or done in Black and Gold.

And those 673 BM were only units with 5.0L/SROD and black paint. So out of the 855 with 5.0L/SROD 182 of them had white paint, and those 182 had either black/sand seats or black Recaro seats. Then there were 872 BM without a 5.0L engine (2.3L, 3.3L, 4.2L, and turbo 2.3L), and various transmissions for those 872, then black or white paint, then black/sand seats or black Recaro seats...
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-27-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

As with all Marti reports, the production numbers are based off of the body code in the VIN. In this case the second production number is for VIN body code P67. The other VIN body code in the 1982 model year was P68 (Capri GS). So the remaining 4,609 were Capri GS 3-door fastbacks.
    Thanks FoxChassis! I appreciate the insight and all you do to decode these cars we all enjoy.

It's a project, I will keep all updated...Name:  in the weeds front of car.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  101.0 KB

How many kilometers on it? Do you have the buck tag?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

And those 673 BM were only units with 5.0L/SROD and black paint. So out of the 855 with 5.0L/SROD 182 of them had white paint, and those 182 had either black/sand seats or black Recaro seats. Then there were 872 BM without a 5.0L engine (2.3L, 3.3L, 4.2L, and turbo 2.3L), and various transmissions for those 872, then black or white paint, then black/sand seats or black Recaro seats...
    You're right about that. I remember years ago looking at a Black Magic with T-tops, stick, and a 3.3L

In the database/registry (see my signature) I have so far...

1981: 2.3L, 3.3L, and 4.2L
    1982: 2.3L, 3.3L, 4.2L, 5.0L, and turbo 2.3L
    1983: 3.8L* and 5.0L**

* Crimson Cat
    ** Black Magic and Crimson Cat
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-28-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I'll look today and post it.

I bought this car off of BLUECRAPI, here is the buck tag and pic of the odometer, likely once over..Name:  Buck tag.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  99.3 KBName:  odometer.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  166.1 KB

Buck Tag
    CAPRI = Capri model line
    611877 = 11,877th 1982 Mercury scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
    61D = Capri 3-dr hatchback
    F = H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
    TR = T-roof
    1257 = body & paint rotations #1257
    1CC = Black exterior paint color
    DF
    ST
    RW = rear washer/wiper
    AC = manual air conditioner
    06 = YES rear defrost, YES rear washer/wiper, YES rear wing, NO rear louvers
    RA = road abrasion coating (lower bodyside protection)
    HB = heated backlite (rear defrost)
    CAT = Black Magic model/trim level
    WD = power side windows (W), power door locks (D)
    MOD = manual overdrive transmission (Tremec 4-speed 'SROD')
    06 = vents in hood, hole in hood covered by forward-facing non-functional hood scoop
    V = visibility (light/convenience group)
    ELECTRIC
    -A = Black interior trim color
    NLR
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-29-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Can you tell me what the last digit of the rotations number is? 125_?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Thank you
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder