Close

Thread: Interior Work

OrangeLefty

Default Interior Work

Hey guys,

I have a question about doing some interior work with my car. First off, carpeting. I need the whole car recarpetted and new headliner, is this stuff avalible at places like lordco or do i have to roder it from those specility stores in the states? (shipping will be a b****, since im in canda.)

Also as for dash im thinking of getting the new dash from MC Machine (http://mc-machine.com/products.htm) the dashes lok very nice. Do the Gauges fit the stock ones thou?

Also my center console is all cracked and stuff, its pretty much shot. Ive searched and i cnat find any places that sell the center console, anybody know of a place (for a 1980 Mustang Cobra) or it may just be another thing to add to the junkyard list.

A lot of the stuff you may need.

http://secure.50resto.com/index.cfm?SID=1
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

FEP Super Member

I have a decent spare black console from a 84...

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

If that spare black console is anything other than free-of-charge, please continue that transaction in PMs or E-mails. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member

Gotcha buddy.... nazi

kidding of course..

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

FEP Member

Never seen a cobra with a pace car badge? Sure it is not a 79 pace car?

OrangeLefty

I know, i was thinking about that too but its infact a 1980 Mustang Cobra. The Vin states its color as being red and the door panel says 1980 Mustang.

The 1980 Cobras carry on the look of the 79 Pace Car, with the hood and such (althought not the engine, the engine is a 255 4.2L v8 the weakest Mustang v8 made, i think the weakest v8 ever made, with just under 120 HP)

Anyways the cobra models have the Inidianapolis logo on there.

Exterior color is not in the VIN. And the door could have been replaced along with the car painted.

The VIN and the Body Tag (if still present) will tell the tale.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

OrangeLefty

maybe its not the vin but i remember something saying it was red.

OrangeLefty

Heres this VIN

0r03d105392

0 = Model Year (1980)
    R = Assembly Plant (San Jose, CA)
    03 = Body Style (Three-door Hatchback)
    D = Engine (255 CI V8, 2V, 118 HP)
    105392 = Consecutive Unit Number (5,392nd Mustang produced in '80 MY)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

OrangeLefty

hrmm i dunno about that 188 HP, everywhere else i read said "just under 120" or 118. where did u find that info from?

It's a typo on my part. It's 118 HP.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder