Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Stay tuned everyone pictures coming tonight of the 79 and 82 as they sit. I don’t think the seats have been switched but you guys tell me. I get home at 6:30 or so and I plan on posting both cars how they sit right now.

The GT in 1982 came with red or black interior only. But the seating could have been vinyl (standard), cloth, or leather, with low-back front buckets, or Recaro (black only). The door tag/owner card/build sheet will tell you the original interior color, and seating type and material. The buck tag interior trim code will only be color.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Name:  4618FC84-82A9-4CC4-A9C2-00A2371338D2.jpeg
Views: 637
Size:  150.9 KBName:  78EBEF02-C7F2-449D-9A62-E21A501BF434.jpeg
Views: 929
Size:  34.3 KB

it keeps telling me im over my limit. Don’t know what that means. Going to try from my computer

https://www.facebook.com/594046312/p...212031313/?d=n Sorry guys this is the best I can do for now. My Facebook is not private. If anyone can figure out how to post these on this thread let me know. Foxchasis I would like and value your opinion

Awesome cars,

I and others In my family have cars we’ve owned since new, and have been told they didn’t come the way they did from the factory.
    Factories are not perfect and definitely were not perfect in the 70’s and 80’s. My dad ordered a new ‘79 Montecarlo and it was delivered with pinstripe and mag wheels on one side and hubcaps and no stripe on the other.
    My 06 mustang has unusual options because it is a Canadian car.
    So anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks did you happen to see the pics on my Facebook too. I think this forum only lets you post so many pics on any one thread. And I got the Marti report today and it says it’s a one of one COPO car??? I guess that means it a one off. Lol kidding but it says what the buck tag says “black interior“. Still waiting for the window sticker to come.

1982 GT...

VIN
    1FA = Ford vehicle manufactured in USA by Ford Motor Company
    B = active belts, no airbags
    P = passenger car
    16 = Mustang 3-door sedan (hatchback)
    F = H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
    9 = VIN check digit
    C = 1982 model year
    F = Dearborn Assembly
    198915 = 98,915th 1982 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly

Door Tag
    Date - 05/82 = May 1982 build
    GVWR - 3936 lb/1785 kg = gross vehicle weight rating
    Front GAWR - 2077 lb/942 kg = front gross axle weight rating
    Rear GAWR - 1879 lb/852 kg = rear gross axle weight rating
    F0003 = 0003 lbs front accessory reserve load
    R0087 = 0087 lbs rear accessory reserve load
    Exterior Paint Colors - 24 = Red
    DSO - 42 = Cleveland district sales office
    Body - 61B = Mustang 3-door sedan (hatchback)
    Int Trim - FA = cloth & vinyl seating, low-back front buckets (F), Black interior trim color (A)
    AC - A = manual air conditioner
    R - 4 = AM/FM stereo radio
    S - [blank] = no sunroof, no T-roof
    Ax - Z = 3.08:1 axle ratio, Traction-Lok (limited slip) differential
    Tr - 4 = Tremec SROD 4-speed overdrive manual transmission
    RR = front springs
    HH = rear springs
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

You must have ordered both the deluxe and the personalized statistics report from Marti Auto Works? The personalized report is the one that will uauslly say "1 of 1". It is not very often that a deluxe report says 1 of 1.

Deluxe report has the full trim code. Personalized report does not list codes but if you know what you're reading you can figure out what the codes are.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-02-2020 at 08:26 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

No I was kidding about the 1 of 1. It’s lie 1 of a thousand or so. I ordered the delux report and a window sticker. The Felix report just says what the buck tag says.

You mean the deluxe report says what the door tag says? The buck tag only has the interior color code. (In this case, "A".) It does not have the code for the seating type or material. (In this case, "P".)

So your report says "PA Black Cloth/Vinyl Low Back Bucket Seats"?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 09-02-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I guess. It says the code is PA on the Marti report. It is 1 of 6453 with paint code. 1 of 235 with paint and trim code. 1 of 13560 with engine and transmission. 1 of 4362 ordered from DSO? And 1 of 17594 with that cobra package. It does say cloth/vinyl low back bucket seats. But I swear to you guys if you knew the owner you would know he wasn’t in the frame of mind to change anything on this car. Let’s just say he was a bit of an odd duck. He just bought stuff and parked it. I suppose it is possible he changed the seats and if this were anyone else I would say likely. Either way it’s my understanding these seats are more desirable. I think it’s still a survivor car at least. I think I’m going to have a full resto done to it to put it back to like new. Then just park it and maybe in a few years it will be worth something. I haven’t had anyone that excited about this car. Until then I will be accepting offers. Fox did you see the pics of the 82 on my Facebook does it look original to you. Any idea what that car is worth. I’ve learned my lesson I’m not going to touch it.

From what I can tell from those few small pics on my phone the 82 GT looks original.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I will agree with the techs on here about strange things coming from the factory. I personally PDIed a mustang that came from the factory with a cruise control steering wheel, but the the car was not optioned for cruise. Because the decoding says the car didnt have cruise, does that mean this that steering wheel didnt come factory ? As the other techs have stated, things were not perfect from the factory. Also that was build very late 79.

Did these ever sell?

Sup Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by Marathon06 View Post
    Did these ever sell?

Sup Dave?

just sold the 79 for 7700 am listing the 82 for 12500

Hi Dave - the guy that bought your 79 for $7700 has now listed it for sale for $13,500. It’s posted on FEP “cars for sale”. Craigslist in Detroit

Hopefully he did not give you some BS story “I always dreamed of owning a 79 Cobra” when he bought it.

Good luck with the 82.

Correction - Facebook Marketplace - Detroit.

Your right, the guy cleaned it up an put a new decal on the hood.

Are there any pictures of the underside and underhood on the 82? Floor pans, frame rails, etc..?
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Are there any pictures of the underside and underhood on the 82? Floor pans, frame rails, etc..?
    Good question

Any updates on whether-or-not that Cobra sold, Dave,or the '82 for that matter(might be awhile, he hasn't logged-in since last month) :P
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 04-15-2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added text

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123