Close

Default Trade 85 GT (complete or roller) for drag race roller

Tons of info and pics in my thread.

I've already changed a lot about my 1985 GT that makes it unique. Before I go further, wanted to see if anyone had interest in a trade.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...W-w-Holley-EFI

Short story, I've had this car 13 years and changed my mind about a million times on what direction to go. I want to go back drag racing. The interior on this car is clean and it's a pretty good street car setup. Before I strip it out and put a cage in it, want to test the waters to see if anyone has a roller with a well done cage in it already who may be looking for more of a street car.

Only rust on the car is on each side of the sunroof, maybe the size of a silver dollar. The front drivers corner inner structure was really bad and has been replaced and the drain lines are clear now. One small dent on drivers wheel arch, could easily be fixed by painless dent repair I think. Also, someone sat on the passenger front fender and it oilcans now. Should also be easy fix.

The car was converted to EFI. Would be simple to swap gas tanks to convert back to carb.

5 lug, 4 wheel discs. SN95 spindles, new rotors and calipers up front, new Autozone ceramic pads on all 4 corners. Interior is nice and clean, except the dash pad. Has SVO sail panels and door panels. Maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors, upper torque boxes fixed and reinforcements welded in. Car has a Nordskog digital dash and I have the factory gauges as well, but would need a new cluster housing to put them back in. Has a Supercoupe steering wheel (have stock as well) which to me it better ergonomically as it stick out farther than stock...makes the pedals/steering/shift fit better to me...I'm 6'. From the front seats back has sound deadening. Under the fronts and back seats it's DEI, in the hatch area it's foil peel and stick from Lowes.

I did a wire tuck and rewired underhood, removing the old cracked wiring and fusible links. I used bare metal crimps AND soldered them as well. Have relays for cooling fans and headlights. Has LED headlights with a bar across the centers as a HALO. The center high beam halos wired as DRL.

Not sure if there will be any interest. I have a ton of pictures and can answer any questions. I am in 38018 which is the Memphis, TN area.

Looking for a roller with a cage, must not be booger welded or a rust bucket. Not worried about rust in the floor or trunk/hatch. I'm not limited to Fox Mustangs. Could consider a Fairmont, early Falcon, early small bumper Maverick, Couriers, Rangers, other small lightweight cars like 70's Datsun/Toyota/Mazda/Honda. Must be rwd. We can work out equal value in trade.

Would sell as is for $4,000 obo. Have a ton of extras that could go with. Has factory 88 5.0 with forged factory pistons, TFS Stage 2 cam, BBK Longtubes, PBM Strikeforce heads, 210cc runner, 60cc chamber, 2.02/1.60 valves. Pistons were flycut by hand on the intake side for clearance, new rod and main bearings, ARP rod bolts, Canton oil pan.

Not parting out at this time.

Name:  2010-02-16014.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  98.3 KBName:  100_1992.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  230.5 KB
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Member

Hey Drew, this is Mike(Hewitt) from FB. Just read thru the entire build thread. Awesome attention to detail. Cant wait to check it out in person Tuesday.

FEP Member

I'm taking delivery of this the weekend after Labor day
    1982 Mustang GT, one owner, purchased 7-25-04. Bone stock, 16.55@82 w/2.3 60', 48 hours after purchasing. Regretfully sold

Yep, SOLD! Still looking for a roller for my drag project.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes