Close

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Default New Sniper EFI system for 1bbl carbs

The latest Holley update email I got announces a new Sniper EFI system to replace the Autolite 1100 carb on old school Ford L6s. https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-552

They targeted it at the classic Mustangs (and trucks). I'll be honest, I don't know how those older L6s compare to the 3.3 in the early Foxes when it comes to the head/intake/carb, but figured I'd mention the kit here.
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

Cool, thanks for sharing
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

It's for small log heads.
    If I was going to buy a Holley Sniper EFI for a large log head I would buy the Holley Sniper EFI 2GC Small Bore after enlarging the intake bore and installing a homemade adapter.
    I believe that the 2GC Small Bore would be easier to connect a cable throttle to than the Sniper BBD.
    It also looks like there would be less interference with the throttle lever and the valve cover than the Sniper BBD.Name:  IMG_0064.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  139.8 KB

Running anything richer that 14.4:1 for an extended period of time on those Sniper O2 sensors will damage them and create a false lean condition that will keep building the fuel map's peaks in auto-tune mode until you blow black smoke haha. If you have 2 years of free time to tune the Sniper then buy it. If you want bullet-proof reliability then just rebuild your carb or buy a brand new holley carb. I wasted my life with a Sniper and I'd like to save you some time. Cheers!!