Close

Cool, that brings back memories. My grandpa had a 72 Mercury Montego Villager Wagon (wood paneling). 351C 2V with a C6. Had that thing sideways a few times when I was younger
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

I love wagons...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Cool, that brings back memories. My grandpa had a 72 Mercury Montego Villager Wagon (wood paneling). 351C 2V with a C6. Had that thing sideways a few times when I was younger

Man that is sweet looking. Wish the Big 3 would still make some kind of Wagon...

That is cool old steel! What a weird but cool combination of color, body and engine.

Kenny

Nice wagon! I believe 429's came in "Thunder Jet" (standard 429 4V), " Police Interceptor", "Cobra Jet" and "Super Cobra Jet"
    Mike
    85 GT - owned since 87

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1982GLX View Post
    Man that is sweet looking. Wish the Big 3 would still make some kind of Wagon...
    https://www.buick.com/crossovers/regal/tourx
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by 1982GLX View Post
    There are more "station wagons" on the road than there ever were "back in the day."

When you break down the shape of a car to it's basics, it becomes a number of boxes. A sedan would be 3 boxes; engine compartment, cabin, trunk. A station wagon is a 2 box shape; engine compartment, passenger cabin/cargo area.

Just don't tell that to any of the soccer moms out there. Or my wife. She loves her Honda CRV. One day I may have to tell her that her car registration says Vehicle Type: SW.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    Wow, never seen that one before.... My bad...

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCapri View Post
    There are more "station wagons" on the road than there ever were "back in the day."

When you break down the shape of a car to it's basics, it becomes a number of boxes. A sedan would be 3 boxes; engine compartment, cabin, trunk. A station wagon is a 2 box shape; engine compartment, passenger cabin/cargo area.

Just don't tell that to any of the soccer moms out there. Or my wife. She loves her Honda CRV. One day I may have to tell her that her car registration says Vehicle Type: SW.

HAHA, yeah keep that to yourself.. Might be in the doghouse if you do..

That's a cool station wagon that brought back memories of my childhood. My parents had a '69 or '70 that we took all of our road trips in, climbing over seats, sleeping in the floorboards, etc. It was white w/ woodgrain on the side with a 390 / C6 drivetrain. Very cool to see one optioned out still in such good condition.