Close

Default Center dash brace question (84 GT)

Pieces were missing & no console was installed when I acquired this thing. In the process of putting the dash back in and wanted to make sure this brace is right. It’s on the drivers side just to the right of the pedal assembly. It was angled to the drivers side when removed, but not connected to anything. It appears it should angle towards the center and bolt to the metal support by the radio. Tried turning it around but doesn’t mount to the firewall brace when flipped. See pics:

Any tips/pics appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Here is a pic of the front of the bracket bolted up on my 85. To me it looks like the bracket might be bolted up to far back or to high on the support its bolted to. I think if you unbolt it and connect to the front like in the pic. The back should line up maybe to different set of holes on the back of the bracket. Hopefully I am describing this right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 5.0 View Post
    Here is a pic of the front of the bracket bolted up on my 85. To me it looks like the bracket might be bolted up to far back or to high on the support its bolted to. I think if you unbolt it and connect to the front like in the pic. The back should line up maybe to different set of holes on the back of the bracket. Hopefully I am describing this right.
    Appreciate the pic! Very helpful.

Looks like some scratched up hands are in my future
    86 LX Coupe

Got it sorted out. You were correct that it was mounted in the wrong holes.

Now I can get on with the rest of it.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 LX Coupe

Glad it worked out!!!!