Close

Default Good or bad DS2..

Car runs like crap and backfires. Tested and replaced everything except ds2 module. Internet says 2 clear spots means it is Junk..
    Please view pic and comment.
    Or read last 4 posts on my vibration thread to get more info..

I believe most parts stores can still bench test them.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

I am picking a new one up right now.. 100 dollars for a borg Warner.. will see what happens... i dug some of the crap out in the box. The clear spots are were the sand stuff is gone.. who knows. Too bad there was not some readings with an ohm meter that could be checked at the module? There is no info anywhere. I will measure my new one and maybe be able to tell the difference and be able to help people as zero info on the internet about any such tests..

Ok to clarify that a hole on the internet that says clear spots mean bad module is wrong. Replaced module and runs the same like crap.

Maybe replace the new timing chain next or the distributor?
    My brother had the same thing happen and was the thrust plate on the cam gear needed to be replaced as he went thru 2 timing chains in 2 years as this will stretch them.
    Obviously my engine builder did not check..
    Another year of fighting with a new engine...
    Almost see why people do ls swaps... or switch to chevy.. I never thought I would say it but will never build or buy another ford again after 43 years...

The DS2 box in my 79 cobra dumped all of its clear junk onto the frame rail and still ran (although it didn't run well lol). And I mean ALL of it.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4