Close

Default NOS Capri rear quarter value?

I have a ford/mercury NOS replacement Capri passenger side rear quarter. Was made in 1982 and never used. (part number D9CY-6127040-A) I don’t think they make reproduction quarters for the Capri. How much do you guys think it’s worth to sell? I am not trying to sell it here...only gauge the value. I haven’t seen one for sale before and not sure what to price it at.

Good question. I don't really have an answer. It's the old "hard to find" conundrum. NOS 1983 Tempo quarter panels are also impossible to find and not reproduced..... And nobody wants one either. You can always start high and come down. You can't go the other way. People can say you are crazy and so what? It's yours so who cares what they say.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

I would hang on to it. Eventually someone here will need it, probably me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rare does not necessarily mean desirable.

If your quarter panel were a NOS Foxbody Mustang quarter panel I am sure it would sell immediately as there are a few Foxbody Mustangs that warrant the expense and need of an NOS Quarter panel. Now before you Capri owners git bent out of shape yes there are very few Capri's that might warrant the need and expense of a NOS quarter panel install. Unfortunately that amount of Capri's is significantly less than a Mustang due to the far less popularity of the Capri versus the Mustang.

I am certain it would be far more difficult to find a NOS Capri quarter panel than a Mustang quarter panel. It is also much more difficult to find someone to pay up for a Capri quarter than a Mustang quarter in my opinion.

I suggest the current value of a NOS Capri quarter panel to be 50% of the current value of a NOS Foxbody Mustang quarter panel. I would expect these figures to continue into the near future.

You asked! Just my opinion.
    Last edited by vintageracer; 08-10-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com