Close

Default Holley Sniper EFI Switched Ignition wire

Alright, I need some help with identifying and connecting the 12v switched ignition (stays hot when you hit the starter) wire for my Holley Sniper EFI system, Hyperspark system and electric fan setup up. My car is a 79 302 mustang (pace car if it matters). I am not an expert at electrical work but make out the wiring diagrams provide in the forums. I guess enough to be dangerous and screw something up.

1st question: I think I have identified the correct wire but I want a second opinion. The wire I identified was 32 R-LB which runs to the ignition module. Is this correct?

2nd question: I have one wire from the sniper and hyperspark system and two for each of the electric fans. When connecting to the 12v ignition signal can I connect them all to the same wire and the same connection?

Thanks for the support. I create a nice write up and share once i get it all finished.

Name:  Holley sniper wiring.PNG
Views: 118
Size:  371.3 KB

Name:  Holley sniper wiring 1.PNG
Views: 101
Size:  301.2 KB

Name:  wire 1.PNG
Views: 117
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  wiring.PNG
Views: 116
Size:  111.3 KB
    Last edited by MNbuckeye; 07-29-2020 at 07:42 PM.

I believe that R-LB wire may be the one that runs into the module for start retard and to the starter solenoid. It will only be 12V when cranking. You probably want the white wire that goes into the ignition module connector. It is in the same two wire connector going into the module. This wire switches colors after the connector and is red going directly into the module if I remember correctly and if its the same as my 80. This white wire should give you 12V with key on and while cranking.

If you are connecting multiple loads (depending on the current) to this white ignition wire you may want to run a relay (triggered off this wire) and separate the power feeds for the other stuff (through the relay) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by at_the_junkyard View Post
    I believe that R-LB wire may be the one that runs into the module for start retard and to the starter solenoid. It will only be 12V when cranking. You probably want the white wire that goes into the ignition module connector. It is in the same two wire connector going into the module. This wire switches colors after the connector and is red going directly into the module if I remember correctly and if its the same as my 80. This white wire should give you 12V with key on and while cranking.
    Thanks for the information, I am going to try the W-LB wire (for the 79). I'll post if it works.

I am doing the same set up with the holly sniper and hyper spark. Did you end up using the white wire in this harness connection?
    Name:  28FB1B2E-F577-4C68-BE35-F5C494753BAA.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  94.6 KB