Close

Thread: Coolant Pipes

Default Coolant Pipes

Has anyone come up with a source, or replacement ideas for all of these coolant “pipes” around the turbo engines? Would stainless steel work for replacements with coolant? Looking for something I shouldn’t have to replace again 😃😄

Thanks!

This comes up a lot, getting used ones is your best bet now unless you want to remove them altogether.

Several people remove the ones that go around the back of the block, remove the oil warmer, then connect the intake to the sensor location on the driver's side of the block. That sensor can be moved into the intake with a T.

Big R Motorsports sells the lines then that connect the water pump and thermostat to the heater core.

I have a working set on my Capri so I haven't done this, I'm only repeating what I've read about.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

FEP Power Member

There was a supplier making stainless steel tubes for the 86 svo. I believe he stopped and someone else was looking into making them. I would take a look over at svocop.com
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

FEP Senior Member

Forced4 was having them made, which were really nice replacement in SS, but they went under several years ago. I have a set minus one pipe. Also have some nice stock pipes.
    Mike
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Forced4 was having them made, which were really nice replacement in SS, but they went under several years ago. I have a set minus one pipe. Also have some nice stock pipes.
    Mike
    Are you looking to part with any? I was thinking about having someone local remake them.

FEP Senior Member

I sent you a PM. I can send you pics of what they look like. Mike
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    I have a set minus one pipe. Also have some nice stock pipes.
    Mike
    Mike, which piece don't you have? I need a water feed into the turbo on my car, mine kinked when I was removing it.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

FEP Senior Member

Bill -
    I'll send you a pic of all of the pipes I have. I have several stock duplicates.
    Mike

Never heard of an oil warmer?? Are you referring to the oil cooler sandwich between the block and oil filter.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!