Close

Thread: New user intro

Default New user intro

Hey there just another new user. been in the car scene for a while rescuing neglected cars and getting them back up and running. I have dragged my latest project home and i am sure that i am going to need to ask alot of questions. I want to do proper research before i starting really digging into it. I have dragged home an 85' LX 5.0 notchback with a 5spd. It originally Oxford white with blue interior. manual windows and locks. It at some point was repainted blue (which will be corrected). I was told this car is rare and deserving of a proper restoration. This is my first restoration of a foxbody so any info is appreciated.

Welcome to FEP, sounds like a cool project I'm always a sucker for a coupe. Would love to see a pic. of it.

i would love to but apparently my computer isnt wanting me to upload a pic.. i will try later.

Welcome to FEP... Yes, does sound like a cool project. When you get your comp. working, put out them pics...

Like i said... i will have lots of questions i am sure. It hasnt run in the better part of 10+ years. It was pretty much left abandoned in front of the owners old home. The owner moved and it stayed behind. I will be bringing it back to factory as close as i can.

Welcome. Pics are ALWAYS a good thing. That hood, Yikes!
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Yeah the hood was a mess. I replaced it already. Have some rust repair to do in the floorboard on the pass side. I am trying to.research what color the headlight buckets and trim should be and i get conflicting results. Some say charcoal and some say black... i wish there was a definitive answer with proof. Oh and a fair amount of rust repair in the windsheild cowl area. Thank god for.donor cars..
    Last edited by 85 5.0 Notch; 07-25-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Greetings from Alabama. I am the proud owner of three four eyed Foxes, a 79 Capri RS bright blue 302 4 speed being restored at this time, a 1979 Cobra,Name:  79 capri restoration.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  151.5 KB black on black with green pinstripes and graphics 302 with a 4 speed and a rear wiper that is in waiting to be restored. And finally a 1979 Base hatchback 2.3 with an automatic that will be swapped with a 302 and a C4.

This is prior to restoration.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where in Alabama?
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

I'm in Hueytown. Home of the Alabama Gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by billkandi View Post
    Where in Alabama?