Close

Default Howdy from Brighton, Michigan

Hi everyone! I just got my first ever project car a month ago, a 1983 Mustang GLX convertible with a 5.0 and a 5 speed. She was a barn find last registered in 1994 in Indiana with only a little more than 70,000 miles and no rust! I’m a novice mechanic with most of my knowledge coming from YouTube. So far I’ve replaced a leaky intake manifold gasket, changed the coil, changed the battery, changed all the fuses, and new valve cover gaskets. Next step is new brake disks, pads, shoes, and drums and then she’ll be road worthy.

Welcome to the site. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here that can help you with your convertible.

I’ve got a red ‘84 vert that’s pretty similar to your ‘83. Fun cars

Post a few more pics when you get a chance.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Welcome to FEP.... Nice car to start with. Yes , more pics if you can.

FEP Member

Down the road from you. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-With-A-Ford View Post
    Hi everyone! I just got my first ever project car a month ago, a 1983 Mustang GLX convertible with a 5.0 and a 5 speed. She was a barn find last registered in 1994 in Indiana with only a little more than 70,000 miles and no rust! I’m a novice mechanic with most of my knowledge coming from YouTube. So far I’ve replaced a leaky intake manifold gasket, changed the coil, changed the battery, changed all the fuses, and new valve cover gaskets. Next step is new brake disks, pads, shoes, and drums and then she’ll be road worthy.

GLX rags (convertibles) are actually quite rare w/5.0L, roughly5,500 built, but Ford made a slog of them, about 22K, with an Auto/V6.
    June-July-Aug, saw 993 GT ragtops built very late in the year. All were stickshift.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 07-23-2020 at 06:33 PM. Reason: update