Close

New User

Default Marchal 750 Fog Lights

I need to remove the lens and looking for the best way to accomplish this.

Have you taken apart the housing yet?
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

New User

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
    Have you taken apart the housing yet?
    Yes, it's all apart. The frame has a little too much rust but I have a good frame w/o a lens. Bottom line is I need to transfer the glass (lens) from the rusted frame to the good frame to properly restore it.

They lenses aren't glued in or anything like that, so they should come out pretty easily. I have an old one in the basement that I can take a look at when I get home.

85 Mustang GT

So I checked the spare Marchal fog light that I have. Once you take the two screws out at the front of the light, the front frame will pull off the rear housing. I took the screws out of the frame and the lens just popped out from the front. There is a thin piece of weatherstrip that runs around the inside perimeter of the lens to keep water out and the two plastic screw standoffs, but everything is loose inside the frame. Here is a picture (looking at the lens from the back)...

Name:  IMG_0024.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  121.9 KB

If the lens is stuck in the frame, either someone glued it in there, or there is rust buildup inside the frame that is preventing the lens from coming out.

85 Mustang GT

New User

Thanks very much for your help. The weatherstrip on mine is very tight and not too interested in budging. I tried to carefully pry it loose. Probably rust as you suggest. I'll have another look at it. Sure don't wanna break the lens. Does the ws look like just common caulk or something special? Just thinking of what to use when resealing the lens. Thanks again for your time and help.

If the gasket is that hard it will probably be unusable. with that said i would try some type of solvent IE.. acetone, toluene, gasoline etc and soak it a bit. that shuold soften and loosen the gasket.

Note: use all safety precautions while using chemicals. gasket will then be destroyed so plan on buying/making a new one.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

New User

Thanks. Very time consuming removing the lenses, even with solvents. Mostly accomplished by removing the sealing gasket piece by piece. I removed 2 lens and all I can say is be very careful with the lenses. One slip with a tool and it's bye bye lens. They don't appreciate being even very slightly, inadvertently tapped. Ask me how I know.

What I don't understand is Tbirdman's comment about the lens coming right out. I do know that these 750's were manufactured in both France and Belguim and that they were slightly different regarding the usage and type of some of the innard parts. Mine were made in Belguim and I can tell you that the lenses were not made to come out easily due to the sealing gasket.

Anyway, anyone know where I can get a nice 750 lens.
    Last edited by jud149; 07-18-2020 at 12:23 PM.

New User

tbirdman, I replied to your PM twice but neither is showing in my sent PM's. I'm new to this forum so perhaps there is a delay for PM's to show. You can email me at:

jud149@bellsouth.net