Close

Default Found Some Cool T-Top Foureyes

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share some neat foureye T-Tops local to me. I pass by this house often on my way to town. The Cobra appeared there last year, the GT and Hatch have shown up more recently. Long story short I did some asking around and the owner's brother works with my wife. I'm heading over there tomorrow to buy some interior bits for my Mustang and chat with him about his. The interior on the Cobra looks near complete and is grey. I thought all Cobras had black interiors? The red hatch has no motor and no interior. The GT has a 302 and partial interior. I'll share updates after my visit!

See folder for full size pics
    https://imgur.com/a/TkuBZEV
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 429bigblock; 07-11-2020 at 11:56 PM.
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

They all look nice specially that cobra, that front end looks killer!!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Myself, I absolutely love T-Roof Foxes = absolute fun to drive and love the look. I looked at the linked album and I really like the side stripes on that white GT too. Plus that Cobra . . . someone has some good taste! Good luck connecting with him, he could very well already be a FourEyedPride forum member too. If not, be sure to recommend the site!
    #1) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof Motorsport Grand Prix IV
    #2) 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0L 4V 5-Speed T-Roof

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Had some family in CAN. I remember when we were teens they had '85-style Cobras all over the place, and my cousin and I were like "Whoah, COBRAS!!"
    No Police either, wait-what? lol
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 07-23-2020 at 01:19 AM. Reason: context

they are sweet looking but for me...... I hate T-Tops I had a 84 capri... they leaked, replaces all the seals.... leaked worse replaced seals again.... leaked not as bad. found and down loaded the ford adjustment book helped a lot but nope I hated them but it looked so sweet and sold it to a friend and he just ruined itName:  1646.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  100.5 KBName:  1645.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  99.9 KB
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I always liked the GT's with the decals up the back pillar, I think it was a Canadian only package.
    Want to buy one if I can find it local.

I met up with the gentleman and he's a really great guy. I recommended he join FEP since he's not a member. His plans for now are to do some minor repairs to the Cobra and daily it, then set to work on the white GT. He has a large shop with several other non-foureye projects in there, so it seems like he has the means to follow through! The 81 Cobra was originally bought in Kamloops BC and was well maintained. It has about 120,000kms on it and seems to be a full load. Power windows and AC. The interior is basically complete and in decent shape. Still has the original 255 as well. I told him if he ever decides to sell that I get dibs!
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd