Close

Thread: 4th celebrating

Default 4th celebrating

I don't know about your town, but the night had been bright, loud, and wild out here!

In Oregon no mortars or things that really go boom. But at least a dozen households in our little town of 1000 spent real bank on GOOD mortars! It's been quite a night!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I'm on the river till Tuesday, but we saw plenty of them, where we were. The wife did a video call with me and our neighborhood was wild. Afterwards I spoke to my buddy who lives a few houses away and he said they set of nearly $700 worth.

With everything going on, it seems the economy hasn't taken the giant hit that economists were forecasting. A realtor friend says houses are selling hours after going on the market. They don't have enough listings. Car sales in my area are up. Business hiring. Even the riots seem to be creating growth (just think of all the contract work cleaning and repairing).
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 07-05-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Although due to a fire ban and the whole COVID issue all the official firework displays were cancelled, I think we actually saw more fireworks set off in the city than ever before. I took the whole family out for shakes and ice cream before we watched a movie outside last night and I was surprised and impressed by the number of people flying American Flags and overall just upbeat and positive. Gives me hope that there's a light at the end of this tunnel and everything just might be alright. The fireworks were being set off all around us most of the evening which was cool sitting out in the back yard with a movie projector going and everything. Wasn't a typical 4th of July for us, but we did enjoy it. Hope everyone had a safe, but fun 4th yesterday. Thanks to all who have fought to defend and provide us this great country we are privileged to live in. God Bless America!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

The technically 'illegal' fireworks were out in droves here (the mortar rounds, etc). I rather enjoyed the show from my patio, sipping a glass of wine while sitting around the propane firepit.

I hope everyone's night was grand and safe!
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

You can buy any firework you can afford to in SC. All are legal. Some of the larger ones go for $600 EACH. So it was totally wild last night and probably will be again tonight. I have shot them in the past but it lost its draw for us when an elderly couple burned to death a couple streets over. She was bed-ridden and he was not. He got out and then went back in to try to save her and lost his life doing so. The Fire Marshall determined it was started by a firework. So that was the end of firework enjoyment for us. Just not worth it. I'll leave it to the professionals.
    Last edited by homer302; 07-05-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Hot calm dry sunny day and very warm night.
    BBQ'ed steaks, fresh garden asparagus, potato salad, over friends house in early evening shade.
    Shaded picnic table on patio, large box fan on table for added breeze, smoke and bug control.
    Rode bicycles later after dark to better watch 50's -80's era suburb neighborhood festivities.
    Nicest home displays seen in years. House parties. Good as many small city shows. Longer too.
    More than one defiantly spent more than usual for hours of almost constant show.
    Fountains, mortars, rockets, crackers, candles in the wind. Good stuff.
    Stayed away from chain link fence launches.
    And left parked vehicle windows up as usual.
    Seen one fire truck run early and the usual couple of ambulance runs.
    Last edited by gr79; 07-05-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Well we go to my inlaw's hose as she lives on top of a hill and you can see from L.A. all the way down to long beach into orange county. But as we did the last one the guy next door lit off and it went side ways in to the yard across the street and with in mins, the whole front yard went up in flames! and they were not home so we all ran for the hoses and me (with 27 years) of Navy training and fire fighting took charge and took over the main hose and got it out in 10 mins, I saved the house and 3 cop cars showed up in 5 mins.... they just blocked the street. the fire truck showed in 15 mins. and I had it out just when they arrived. The cop told me to stop as they would take over.... all they did was to spay foam. it looked like it snowed lol every one recorded it and I looked like a hero.....
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009