Close

Default Questions about 84 engine wiring harness/ main harness.

So I'm starting to connect my main harness(drivers side) to my engine harness on my 84 and wanted to run some stuff by you guys to make sure I'm not missing anything and am hooking up correctly. Seems pretty straight forward but dont want to take a chance messing something up.
    So the 2 main connections I have from my main to my engine harness seem to be these 2.
    Attachment 133112
    On the main harness this one goes to brake propositioning valve
    Attachment 133113
    I also have these which I believe are the ones for the stock coil/ ford duraspark which I don't need as I've switched to msd streetfire ignition and blaster 2 coil.
    Attachment 133114
    Attachment 133115

Continued in next post
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 07-04-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Now I noticed on my 85 and also in my 1984 Ford Body/Chassis/Electrical car shop manual that there seems to be a connector I can't locate. It's the round one beside the big square connector. Looks like this
    Attachment 133117
    It's also shown in my shop manual
    Attachment 133118
    Attachment 133119
    Anybody know what connection this is for? There is nothing on my main harness or engine harness that looks like it.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 07-04-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

So I compared this new engine harness to my original that I have and from what I can tell I've got all the connections so I'm not really sure what I'm missing if anything lol.
    https://www.cjponyparts.com/wiring-h...-1984/p/WGF84/
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I'm not sure which connector you are saying you can't locate. I just looked at my 1984 GT and there is no wiring harness going down between the carb and valve cover either. There are two that come out of the firewall near the clutch cable. One runs down the drivers side shock tower to the Duraspark, headlights, washer fluid pump, distributor, oil pressure sending unit, temp sending unit, AC clutch and coil. It crosses over to the engine right over the swar bar mount right in front of the Duraspark. The other runs behind the engine on the firewall, then to the AC pressure switch and over the shock tower and then runs behind the alternator to connect to the alternator and choke. There is no wiring harness running on the intake beside the carb. I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought it might help you. If you can circle what harness you are missing or can't locate I can look for it.
    Last edited by homer302; 07-05-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I'm not sure which connector you are saying you can't locate. I just looked at my 1984 GT and there is no wiring harness going down between the carb and valve cover either. There are two that come out of the firewall near the clutch cable. One runs down the drivers side shock tower to the Duraspark, headlights, washer fluid pump, distributor, oil pressure sending unit, temp sending unit, AC clutch and coil. It crosses over to the engine right over the swar bar mount right in front of the Duraspark. The other runs behind the engine on the firewall, then to the AC pressure switch and over the shock tower and then runs behind the alternator to connect to the alternator and choke. There is no wiring harness running on the intake beside the carb. I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought it might help you. If you can circle what harness you are missing or can't locate I can look for it.
    Ya it's kind of hard to explain when you don't what things are. If you look at this pic it shows sort of a round connection right beside the big square connector,looks like 4 wires coming out. Maybe it does not pertain to this year or maybe I'm just stupid lol which is probably the case lol.
    Attachment 133124

Also, what's the best route for the engine harness to run over to the drivers side area? Right now I've got it coming down between the back of the ac compressor and valve cover.
    Attachment 133125

Can a guy run it up between the power steering pump and ac compressor?
    Attachment 133126
    Also I apologize for my pics being sideways. Not sure why it happens.
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 07-05-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Anybody?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt