Close

Default Question for Zephyr Owners

Hello,

I had to remove my cowl, and removed the windshield washer fluid hoses.
    This is embarrassing but I forget how they were routed.
    cowl is back on, wiper motor and transmission is in. Trying to get the cover on and the wiper arms Installed.

Does anyone have a picture of how the hoses are routed? I am searching now but am having a hard time finding what I need.
    car is a 79

Thanks and have a nice day
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Member

mass,

Without taking it apart, I offer you what might be help or might be confusion; your choice

It looks like there are two hoses. One comes through the center of the firewall into the area of the washer nozzles. It is run from the engine compartment directly toward the rear of the car, and is pretty small. Here's the best I could do from the engine compartment: Name:  ZephyrHose2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  181.5 KB

The next picture shows a hose going from the drivers side of the car, across the cowl cavity. Not sure what this is for, or where it goes... Name:  ZephyrHose3.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  117.3 KB

Another shot of the same hose (note, the hose is toward the rear of the cavity. I think I have the arrows pointing to a little sheetmetal brace that runs across the cavity, also from the drivers side. Sorry!) : Name:  ZephyrHose1.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  176.4 KB

Hope this helps,

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Wells; 07-02-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Thank you Tom Wells for the info!

I should have put up some pics of my car, my car doesn’t have the squirters mounted on the cowl cover. They are mounted on the wiper arms.
    Those braces that you showed are the wiper transmission arms, I am trying to figure out how to run the hoses without coming in contact with those arms, as it would likely damage the hoses.
    Thanks again for your response, I’ll get a pic up of what I am referring to.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Just to follow up on this, i was able to route the hoses through the firewall and up to the squirters in the wiper arms.

Sorry I missed this thread. I have the on-arm squirters too. I didn't know they changed them to on the cowl cover at some point. Interesting.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

I'm away from my house (and car) right now, but based on a pic on my laptop, I'm fairly certain my '82 has the squirter in the cowl grille panel. (Just as a data point...)
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

As another data point, my '80 Z7 had a cowl squirter as well.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

FEP Member

Mine (the photos at the beginning of the thread) is an '81.

Tom

My buddy’s 78 Fairmont also has squirters in the arms. Maybe 78-79 only?