Close

Default Upholstery Listing Rods

Can't find any info so seeing if y'all have any advice. I've bought a complete seat cover set from TMI for my canyon red '84 vert.

The rear seat in my convertible is in pretty rough shape. The bottom section is a lost cause... seat frame is rotted to the point of nothing. Was messing with the back section and the bottom and side listing rods are very rough but rest is serviceable. Where can I source this stuff? I'm speculating the answer is just find a better seat and roll with that, but wanted some input if anyone ever ran into this problem.

My guess is a lot of open cars will have the same problem.

Have a WTB ad in the classifieds on a rear seat here. Any suggestions welcome!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

I made new ones out of piano wire available at Ace Hardware. They are really tough to bend but you can do it. Patience, a good set of needle nose pliers and GI Joe Kung Fu grip and you are set.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    I made new ones out of piano wire available at Ace Hardware. They are really tough to bend but you can do it. Patience, a good set of needle nose pliers and GI Joe Kung Fu grip and you are set.
    That’s what I needed! Thanks mudgepondexpress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

A good wire coat hanger can also be used...
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

For the sides, yes it could be, through the center, they bend too easily. If you dropped a heavy box on top the wire it would bend and take a set, piano wire is much, much harder to bend (kink).

Kenny