Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by liv2roc View Post
    did you have to cut the headlight buckets to get the back of the headlight to mount where the wires are? I seen on another site you had to do some cutting.
    I used the larger/oblong Beamtechs and did not have to do any cutting. When I was installing them, I thought it looked like some cutting would be required, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

No, I did not have to modify the headlight buckets. Since I have the nose off, I will post a picture later showing the clearance.

UPDATE:

Here are the pics showing the backside clearance.
    Name:  15.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  189.6 KB

Front view.
    Name:  16.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  217.4 KB
    Last edited by swearint; 08-24-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    1985 GT owned since new

I just got my low beams done. may get the highbeams next week. I will have all the parts for my foglights today so going to work on them. everything went good on the lowbeams but I did notice the drivers side did not look right in the dark so pulled the bulb and flipped it 180 degrees looks better.

Yep I finally got everything installed on mine now. I'm not using any relays and have just installed the same beamtech H4 bulbs for the hi beams just leaving out wiring the low beam prong on the connector etc. The headlamp warning LED is on but going to just live with it.

I found that I did have to do some adjusting on the headlight aim but have them dialed in pretty good after a few night drives. The bulbs can be clocked so attention is needed to get them correct for H4. They are drastically different than the sealed beams so perhaps this is no surprise. Overall it seemed I needed to adjust the beams to shine a bit higher and converge more to the middle.

The light is way better and no one is flashing me so i think I'm setup pretty good. Going to upgrade my sons car as well. Very nice and safer to see better !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123