Close

Default 1985 Ford Mustang GT - 5-Speed Manual, 4 BBL HO

Revised; not for sale.

For Sale to the right buyer. Asking $25K. I understand I'm asking a high price and believe the car is worth it.

11,520 original miles, 2nd Titled Owner. I purchased the car in August 2018 with ~7,150 miles on it.
    Oxford White with Black stripe, Grey Interior
    5-Speed Manual, 4 BBL HO
    Sun Roof is dealer installed from when the car was purchased.

This had the original Gatorback tires on the original 10-hole wheels when I purchased it. This is a 95%+ original car to include the original floor mats. The Carfax report has an erroneous entry from the last service center that shows over 140K miles. I have driven this car all over southwest Missouri to include up to Lake of the Ozarks and back.What have I done to it since August 2018?- Replaced the mechanical fuel pump: the diaphragm dried out- Replaced the heater core: leaking (as they are known to)- Converted to R134 Air Conditioning- Replaced muffler- Replaced seals on the front side of the carburetor: leaking- Replaced the in-carburetor fuel filter- Replaced the front struts and rear shocks with KYB struts/shocks- Replaced the inner/outer tie rod ends- Replaced the lower ball joints
    - Replaced the sway bar links- Four-wheel alignment- New tires- Replaced stereo with Kenwood Bluetooth/SiriusXM

I have the original stereo and amp which are non-functional. I priced out the repair to be around $450. I have the original Gatorback tires.

VIN: 1FABP28M3FF229291
    Owner Card Warranty Identification Plate Info:
    1FABP28M3FF229291 53
    9L PA 27E M2 &

Buck Tag Info:
    229291 61B M 0012
    9L DF ST
    AC 04 HB S
    GT WD MBW 01
    EL-A 04 1 X 2 NLR

Door Tag Info:
    Date: 05/85 GVWR: 4075 LB / 1848 KG
    FR GAWR: 2143 LB / 912 KG RR GAWR: 2143 LB / 894 KG
    Info to the right of the VIN F0076 / R0095
    Body: 61B In Trim PA
    AC 1 R 7

Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability.Attachment 132946Name:  IMG_1885_Small.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  180.5 KBName:  IMG_1880_Small.jpg
Size:  183.4 KBName:  IMG_1903_Small.jpg
Size:  363.8 KBName:  IMG_1899_Small.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  255.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Huskers001; 06-20-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Id be afraid to drive it ANYWHERE. Beautiful car.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Thank you. It’s a great car to drive and needs to be driven!

That is pretty original for sure. All i see is the solenoid has been changed out and for some reason the hood light is installed on the wrong side and someone has knocked out both cutouts in the insulation for it. It is always on the side where the battery is (which changed from passenger to driver side when they went fuel injected because the battery moved to the other side). I've never seen an '85 GT HO carb car with the hood light on that side. It appears to have real nice white paint under the hood too. Much better than most of them got. I have no opinion on value. I hope you get what you want for sure because that makes mine worth more!
    Last edited by homer302; 06-19-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Good luck with the sale. Nice Mustang!

Thank you for the information about the solenoid and the hood light. I am not an expert on either. I suspect the hood light was re-installed incorrectly during the after-accident repairs back in 2010. They probably weren't aware of the correct setup. I'm going to look at it and see about moving it back. Most of the paint is original. I see a difference in the repaired sections and the rest of the car. The original owner kept this car clean and garaged after every drive. So, I suspect the under hood paint is a combination of good care and some re-paint after the accident repair.

Thank you. I am having some second thoughts although I've listed it in three places and am getting some good feedback.

Nice Stang! If I remember correctly, the hood light in my 1985 GT vert is on the drivers side also and has never been moved or wrecked. I know because I bought it from a long time friend of 40 years who purchased the car new, and he worked for Ford at the time. I seem to recall the light was moved from the passenger side to the drivers side in 85 for one reason or another.

Also, what stereo did the car have originally? The electronic unit in my car didn't work when I bought it after being in storage for almost 20 years. I had a local guy here repair mine...it's a capacitor needing replacement...and it was like $50 from what I remember...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I took the car for a drive today. I’m not going to sell it at this time. Maybe later...

Giddy up! Enjoy your Mustang!

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Nice Stang! If I remember correctly, the hood light in my 1985 GT vert is on the drivers side also and has never been moved or wrecked.
    +1. My 85 GT hatchback has it on the driver's side. I'm the original owner and have never moved it. The passenger side insulation cut-out is also removed.
    1985 GT owned since new

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers001 View Post
    I took the car for a drive today. I’m not going to sell it at this time. Maybe later...
    Try Hemmings Motor News when you are ready