Close

Default Capri piece replacement

So this piece that goes here was already repaired once but is not in a healthy place in life. Is there anything else close to the Capri fins that can go there? I can maybe repair it one more time however the previous epoxy fixes have already split, and I haven't seen this particular piece anywhere I have looked. I hate to have a nekkid opening.
    Name:  NWZA4135_LI.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  204.1 KB

That's just the bumper grille or grill. No one reproduces it at this time if ever. A couple of pieces make up the unit, so keep that in mind. No idea where you are located, so hard to help you find one.

Try searching here: http://car-parts.com Good Luck
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

when I did my plastic repairs I went on e-bay and entered plastic bonding.. or something like that but what I found was the 2 part plastic cement from Austria the first bottle was a liquid (and dont get that on your skin like I did... I had to get a razor blade to slice my 2 fingers apart) and the other bottle had what looks like salt... and holly crap! this is the best plastic glue I have ever used. it was about $30.00
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

While I didn't build the car, I think I'm going to have to put it to original Mustang parts. Ive done a lot of thinking an searching and to keep the parts that came with the car on there would cost me a small fortune. Whomever built this car originally had a 460 in the car so there is also a huge hole in the hood for the motor to fit. But I was only getting 5 mpg so that's why its empty now. I found two original hoods to replace the cut out sections and it was over 500 just for the cowl piece. In a humorous kind of way Id be putting the car back in line with the tenets of the site...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foureyepumpkin View Post
    While I didn't build the car, I think I'm going to have to put it to original Mustang parts. Ive done a lot of thinking an searching and to keep the parts that came with the car on there would cost me a small fortune. Whomever built this car originally had a 460 in the car so there is also a huge hole in the hood for the motor to fit. But I was only getting 5 mpg so that's why its empty now. I found two original hoods to replace the cut out sections and it was over 500 just for the cowl piece. In a humorous kind of way Id be putting the car back in line with the tenets of the site...lol
    MY .02 for what its worth. A Capri should be a Capri and a Mustang a Mustang. I know you didn't build the car and therefore it is what it is. The Capri parts are definitely more difficult to find. Not necessarily more expensive than a comparable year Mustang, but can be depending on the rarity of the parts. Mustang parts are more plentiful and generally easier to get, so that can be very helpful in your situation. Also depending on your location you can most likely sell the current Capri parts to help offset or even pay for the replacement Mustang parts.

Let us know what year the vehicle in question actually is and where you are located and I am sure there are members here that can help you locate the parts and pieces you need to put your Mustang back to it's original glory. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

When I bought the car I hadn't seen anything like it, and actually thought it was a Capri. The previous owner never drove it because it was a hot mess of electrical problems. In fact I tried to drive it home from the guys house and it shorted behind the dash and smoked checked after about a mile But it looked good and thought well, we used to change parts all the time back in high school with our Mustangs, how much trouble could it be? I tricked myself...
    It was originally a 1980 Mustang 2.3L 4 cyl according to the VIN.
    I live in Glendale, AZ or Phoenix depending on how you look at the map