Close

Default Engine Bay Harness Removal - Driver Side

Hey all,

I am swapping out my cut up 85 wiring harness with an stock non-hacked up harness. I got it out of the passenger side through the firewall easy enough but I'm not sure how to get it disconnected on the driver side. Do I need to pull the instrument cluster and drop down the steering column to get to the connectors or ???? Looking up from under the dash I don't see the connectors I need to disconnect at all.

Thanks,
    Bill

There are multiple connectors for the steering column and other dash items. Several are attached to clips on the pedal box mount that the steering column bolts to. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBill View Post
    Hey all,

I am swapping out my cut up 85 wiring harness with an stock non-hacked up harness. I got it out of the passenger side through the firewall easy enough but I'm not sure how to get it disconnected on the driver side. Do I need to pull the instrument cluster and drop down the steering column to get to the connectors or ???? Looking up from under the dash I don't see the connectors I need to disconnect at all.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Its 4 or five plugs sitting behind the column and the few that go inside the fender for the tail lights and door chimes,easy take your time use some kind of lubricant to work them apart

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmade2 View Post
    Its 4 or five plugs sitting behind the column and the few that go inside the fender for the tail lights and door chimes,easy take your time use some kind of lubricant to work them apart

Sorry drop your wheel and drop your dash only way

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmade2 View Post

Maybe get something from this

Thanks all! I did end up removing the dash because I also found that the heater core lid had been broken by a previous owner and duct taped to cover the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBill View Post
    Thanks all! I did end up removing the dash because I also found that the heater core lid had been broken by a previous owner and duct taped to cover the hole!
    A win then,