Close

Default brake plumbing issue

I have reached a spot I don't know how to handle.........I have a 85 Gt that I am rebuilding the entire braking system including all new lines, master cylinder, calipers, rotors and drum bake shoes and drums......I also will be installing a new ford proportioning valve on the union to the back brakes........the old proportioning valve is toast...I can't remove one of the valves to the back brakes it is completely stuck and even a machine shop can't remove it .....so how do I connect the brake lines from the master cylinder to the lines that used to go to the proportioning valve? Any help would be appreciated.....

Don't know if this helps, here's a couple pics of the proportioning valve delete I did with my SN95 conversion. I mounted the proportioning valve below the master cylinder rather than the passenger side area where the union is. IMO, it looks cleaner and the stock proportioning valve mounting holes work perfectly.

Use a 7/16-24 Inverted flare to 1/8" NPT adapter to adapt the brake lines to a 3/8" T and adjustable proportioning valve.

IF to 1/8" Adapter

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...nid=11572614-P
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Two86fiveoh's View Post
    Don't know if this helps, here's a couple pics of the proportioning valve delete I did with my SN95 conversion. I mounted the proportioning valve below the master cylinder rather than the passenger side area where the union is. IMO, it looks cleaner and the stock proportioning valve mounting holes work perfectly.

Use a 7/16-24 Inverted flare to 1/8" NPT adapter to adapt the brake lines to a 3/8" T and adjustable proportioning valve.

IF to 1/8" Adapter

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...nid=11572614-P
    Thanks this is just what I was hoping to get............your installation looks good and very clean........any problems with getting the balance between front and back brakes with the proportioning valve?...Thanks again

That is a VERY nice looking install!
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Very cool, I saw a prop valve delete on LMR I think. Looks like you made your own for much cheaper. Looks super clean, nice job!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen!

No issues with brake balance. Braking performance and bias feels factory.

The 7/16-24" Inverted flare to 1/8" NPT will only work going to the proportioning valve. A 7/16"-24 Inverted flare to 3/8"-24 male is needed for the rear brake line to the T.

Wanted to clear that up as my previous post stated the adapter I listed as working with the tee, it will not.
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq