Close

Default 1981 swap to 86gt bumper cover

Hi, just bought a 81. Front bumper cover needs replaced but haven't found anywhere I can buy one. So would like to swap to a 85-86 gt bumper cover but can't find a header panel. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also would like to get rid of all the chrome trim.

Congrats on the purchase. Another one saved. Can you turn the picture so the car is right side up? I'm getting dizzy looking at it.

If you're looking for parts, you would be better off posting an ad in the "Parts - Wanted" section of the Classified ads at the bottom of the forums.

Finding the right year bumper cover isn't as hard as you think. Changing it out to a later year cover involves changing out other pieces and molding if you want it to look right.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Chrome gone. Bought a 86gt front clip. New carpet,seats console. Painted the interior blk. Just need to paint the door panels, hatch carpet and rear seat black now. Also got wheels/tires and lowering springs. Oh and new 86 body molding. Name:  MVIMG_20200801_135830.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  195.8 KB

Looks like you've been busy on that one. The red interior definitely has not "aged" as well as some other '80s things have.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775