Close

Default Mustang with Capri front

I read things about going the direction of a mustang and the difficulties of the hood dimensions etc. I'm going the opposite direction. I bought a 1980 Mustang with a Capri front end about 7-8 yrs ago and I have now finally gotten around to trying to rejuvenate its soul. The problem I'm having is that basically the car was painted together. Window moldings, bumper, everything was a solid mass of paint. I have taken the hood, grill, bumper cowl vent, and lights (capri) off. Not only was it all painted together but it was screwed together. New holes were made in the skin to hold things together, the grill was split from new holes being made etc etc.
    I liked the look of the car but I know it was not assembled correctly and it was eating at me to leave all those screws and what not holding things together.
    Is my only choice to get the front of the car together correctly to pick one or the other?

Most likely gonna be a lot easier to find replacement Mustang parts then finding Capri body parts if they are in bad shape. Capri specific parts are like hens teeth these days. Check your local bone yard and see what they have. Who knows? JMO

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

After I got the cowl vent off I went to go and order a new one but came to the realization that if I ordered a 79-83 part it would fit the car but not the hood. After I pulled that finned grill off I realized I couldn't replace it properly anyway since it was screwed into the radiator support. Left me in a bit of a bind on how to replace parts that didn't belong in the first place. I'm in Arizona so there's no shortage of boneyards, I'm fairly certain parts will come at a premium if I am able to locate. �� thanks much.