Close

Default interval wiper governor box

Sorry I have a dumb question my interval wiper governor box stopped working awhile ago. I finally got time to replace it. But I forgot how its connected. Can someone please help me? I tried to find something on the net and no luck I have a 82 Mercury Capri
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class

Since this is tech related maybe post it in the electrical section? Might get a more focused response.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Its a box with two cable/harness on it, one end goes to the switch and the other goes to the harness under the dash. When you remove the steering column covers and see the switch follow down to the left side under the dash. Its a square black box.
    Before replacing it you should check the ground to it.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...wiper+governor
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...light=interval
    1978 Mercury Zephyr boxtop 5.0 EFI T5Z 8.8
    1999 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 5 speed
    2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 6 speed

What he said ^^^ It is "inline" with the wiper arm stalk wiring. You can add intermittent wipers to a car that didn't come with it simply by plugging in that box and the new wiper arm. Takes 10 minutes. The wiring comes up the column and plugs in the wiper arm stalk in a car without it. To add it, simply unplug that connecter, and plug the square black box in the middle and mount the new intermittent arm and you are done.
    Last edited by homer302; 06-04-2020 at 11:47 AM.