Close

Thread: Computer?

Default Computer?

I was changing my rusty doors and had my kick panels off to disconnect my power windows and doors when I noticed my 85 5.0, 5 speed has what appears to be a computer behind the passenger kick panel. What is it for?
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

Neato. IS this it? Based on the sticker it looks like an "engine accessory drive" module?

https://www.ebay.com/i/114221972792?chn=ps

Does anyone know what this module controls? I thought they only got ECU’s if they had CFI. Mine was born with a standard.
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw

FEP Supporter

That's common. It's the TSAD (Two Speed Accessory Drive) computer/module that also controls the AC and perhaps had something to do with emissions control based on engine temp.

The TSAD feature never made it into production but the computer/module stayed. Tons of threads on it throughout the site.
    '85 GT

When I saw the title to this thread my head immediately conjured up a Scottish fella trying to use a computer via voice command in a movie...
    Sorry.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

It's not a puter...it's a module. It was supposed to be for a "two speed accessory drive" (TSAD) system that pre-production models got, but it never made it into actual production use...though the module stayed in the mix...

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...81#post1923081
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    When I saw the title to this thread my head immediately conjured up a Scottish fella trying to use a computer via voice command in a movie...
    Sorry.

https://youtu.be/LkqiDu1BQXY?t=63
    Voyage Home (7/10) Movie CLIP - The Miracle Worker (1986) HD

Yea, he also he needs some transparent aluminum in that area.

Thanks for the info. Been a few years since I have been on this site. Good to see it’s still active. I’m back working on my GT.