Close

Default Need opinions on project Capri value please.

I own an '86 Capri 5.0 t-top that I parked about 6 years ago, due to health reasons, and thinking I would come back to it asap. Well the health issues never got better, and aside from running it and moving it for a while after parking, the poor thing has been neglected. It's been in the same spot now for a couple years because a brake line blew last time I moved it. I conditioned the fuel and oil but it's been a few years since it ran. The car was mechanically perfect and at 99k miles the original engine had never been apart, good AOD and rear end. No leaks or smoking etc. The only mechanical mods are K&N cold air and 3.73 gears. The previous owner did an amateur hack job on the paint, and with the sitting it'll need rust repair too I'm sure. Considering it'll need to be flat-bedded out of my yard and likely needs a ton of work, I'd like some opinions on value if it even has any anymore above scrap.

FEP Super Member

Pictures will help .
    Sat outside , dirt or pavement ? Color ? Location ?
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Outside but covered, dirt, color was originally dark red (now is brandywine candy over silver super poorly done), Western NY.

Pics incoming.

This is an old thread but it's pretty much exactly the scenario that caused the 84 Capri I brought back from the dead to decay. Original owners baby he parked due to a brake failure, bought all the parts then had a heart attack. I think it was 10 years later I dragged it out of his yard. Most would have scrapped it. Kind of similar to the 87 LX I just parted and scrapped too. Original owner 75k mile car. Blew up the motor and then the guy died. His brother dragged it out back and about 10 years later I dragged it out and to our shop. Almost broke in half putting it on a trailer. That one was toast.

Pictures tell a lot and without them I wouldn't expect a lot of offers.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Unfortunately according to Nada guides which is the only "Blue Book" company that I can find that even lists our cars, The Foxbody Capri is almost worthless. The Capri's official "Blue Book" value is anywhere from $2,200 - $3,800 depending on the year and that is in showroom condition. Good condition cars are valued anywhere from $1,800 - $2,900, older cars going for the lower numbers. Obviously our cars sell for more then this in the actual market and these days are getting more and more sought after because you just don't see them anymore. It is just a bummer that these cars still get snubbed by most mainstream classic car communities. For me value is irrelevant seeing as I don't plan on selling my car in any foreseeable future.

Robert
    Last edited by Hemlock; 08-23-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

they are worth as much as some one will pay for them..... mustangs too
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009