Close

Thread: Mf...

Default Mf...

....I tore the cylinder heads off Baby Coupe again after my problems with the last set of HGs.....you know what the problem with used parts is...sometimes you find the unexpected. Turns out the HGs were probably fine, there was an extra head dowel jammed up deep in the hole in the head and when it touched the dowel in the block, of course it would hit torque but not seal. Getting that little bastard out wasn't easy either. At least I found the problem, so no guesswork required. The head still appears flat and square so, there's that.

FEP Supporter

Just when you thought there was nothing new under the sun... Nice job figuring that out!
    '85 GT

I recently started to do the same thing. Head wouldn't sit down flush. I thought I had lost a dowel, but I had an extra so I popped it in. Turns out the old dowel was just shoved up in the hole. I had a time getting it out.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

I don't feel as uniquely stupid now...thanks guys. I was really jammed up there deep. I had to gently cut it with a small die grinder and fold it in with a screwdriver to get it out.