Okay, so I've got a new Valeo clutch, new clutch fork, National throwout bearing, Maximum Motorsports cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster, and pedal height adjuster.

For the record, I only bought the pedal height adjuster because the square hole in my pedal lever is worn, so I thought it was causing slop in the pedal.

You can take the pedal and pull it up about a half inch when it's at the rest position. It moves only the pedal lever, not the quadrant. I thought that was because of the square hole in the pedal being worn such that it wasn't properly engaging the square place on the shaft. But, after installing the pedal height adjuster, that problem remained. I decided to ignore that for now.

ANYWAY, on to the problem at hand. This problem has been present since before I installed the pedal height adjuster. The pedal action seems very loose and imprecise. And it's hard putting the car in gear. It seems to me like the clutch is not being allowed to fully disengage. It will engage right off the floor seemingly no matter what I do. Today, I tried removing the spacer from the cable at the quadrant end, thinking certainly that will allow the cable end to travel further back at the fork and allow the clutch to disengage.

Put it all back together, and adjusted the firewall adjuster way out to pull the cable tight, which made sense in my mind because in order to engage the quadrant the same way it did before, the firewall adjuster would need to be turned that much farther out.

Started the engine and.... it made no difference whatsoever. The pedal feels the same, engagement still happens right off the damn floor, and it's very hard to put the car in gear without allowing it to roll a little--like as if the clutch is not fully disengaging.

WTF am I doing wrong here? I really thought pulling that spacer out was the answer! I don't want to drive the car with the clutch slipping the entire time! What do I do?!

Thanks