Close

FEP Supporter

Some good qualities. I see it has 79 style doors and panels. Poor guy sounds like he had no idea what he was buying or getting into.

"I am 76 years old and I bought this car to enter car shows."

"I probably may have honestly forgot a thing or two. But I can honestly say this. I have spent around $11,599 on parts and labor on this car.
    Essentially you are almost getting a car for free."

Not seeing the money he said he put into it and not understanding the "car for free" statement

I contacted him, he doesn't seem to know a lot about cars in general. Told him to check the door tag and the registration to verify the year. It could be a 79? Still seems overpriced to me too.

Not a 12 grand car sorry

FEP Member

12,500 no way..I wonder what’s under that paint

The price he asks for the car and the price he actually gets for the car are 2 different things. Pretty sure this is in the ball park of what I could get for my car and my car is in WAY better shape then that and has a lot more high quality mods done to it. JMO

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Probably trying to recoup the 11k parts/labor.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

I love 82 GT's but not seeing any where close to what he is asking, being a prior race car, like to see the frame and floors .

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Something's telling me this is a (stolen) '79 Pace Car with an '82 vin. Has the '79 doors, '79-style nose with chrome bezels, PC Moonroof, etc. What's worse, the seller knows its a lemon--the 20-something day auctions are only for real stinkers!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Something's telling me this is a (stolen) '79 Pace Car with an '82 vin. Has the '79 doors, '79-style nose with chrome bezels, PC Moonroof, etc. What's worse, the seller knows its a lemon--the 20-something day auctions are only for real stinkers!! lol
    Judging by the firewall and what appears to be an original Factory A/C car, the firewall is definitely not a 79 model and most likely a 1982. The doors are definitely 79-early 80 model, the headlight bezels weren't chrome on the GT, but if like so many probably replaced due to cracking. Every thing else looks pretty much like my 82 GT minus the sunroof, since I have T-tops. Still don't see $12,500, unfortunately the whole car needs paint and body work so that's at least a $5K deduction in my mind, but then again I already have an 82 GT so not really a buyer.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Judging by the firewall and what appears to be an original Factory A/C car, the firewall is definitely not a 79 model and most likely a 1982. The doors are definitely 79-early 80 model, the headlight bezels weren't chrome on the GT, but if like so many probably replaced due to cracking. Every thing else looks pretty much like my 82 GT minus the sunroof, since I have T-tops. Still don't see $12,500, unfortunately the whole car needs paint and body work so that's at least a $5K deduction in my mind, but then again I already have an 82 GT so not really a buyer.

Wasn't aware there was a difference between the '79 vs. '82 firewall, interesting. I know there is a difference between the '79 vs. later lock mechanism on the hatch. That would be so funny if this one had the '79-style. Unfortunately this one will be for sale for a good long time.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 05-16-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Is that not a 79 latch for the hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by 7993mustang View Post
    Is that not a 79 latch for the hatch?
    Good Eye! Yes that is the 79-80 rear hatch striker style. Interesting! This is starting to look more and more like a pair of Mustangs that have been spliced together. There are definitely some strange things happening with this car. Buyers beware, I would definitely want to look underneath and see if this car has been back-halfed or something due to a wreck. Possibly just a tail light panel and hatch due a rear end collision and they had a good used early model to work with, but definitely something to check out closely.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I wonder judging by the rust showing on the rear and at the roof pillar if someone replaced the doors and other bits due to rust as well. May have used a PaceCar as a donor hence the 79 doors and front end and other bits. I would be skeptical that it is even a true GT. At any rate, take the 1 off the front of the price and $2500 would be a generous offer for that. As noted, a good inspection will likely reveal a lot more wrong with that car. Might be nothing more than a good parts donor in the end.

Its sad that he's invested way too much into it, but not worth what he's trying to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    I wonder judging by the rust showing on the rear and at the roof pillar if someone replaced the doors and other bits due to rust as well. May have used a PaceCar as a donor hence the 79 doors and front end and other bits. I would be skeptical that it is even a true GT. At any rate, take the 1 off the front of the price and $2500 would be a generous offer for that. As noted, a good inspection will likely reveal a lot more wrong with that car. Might be nothing more than a good parts donor in the end.

Its sad that he's invested way too much into it, but not worth what he's trying to get back.

Still interested in seeing if it is indeed a clip-car as Trey suggested, or stolen and re-serialized. We got to get a local to 'put eyes' on this!
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 06-15-2020 at 04:50 PM. Reason: text added