Close

Default wiring bundle in front of radiator?

I have a factory 86 5.0L LX notch. when I took it out of winter storage I noticed the wiring bundle that goes near the air box next to the battery (R to L) in front of the radiator had slumped across the radiator. it's a bundle of wires in a long black plastic sleeve. there are four or five "T" shaped tan plastic clips or guides that seem to hold or slip into the plastic sleeve or bundle. what, exactly, holds this bundle in place? I have a zip-tie holding it out of the way for now and the tan clips look like the go in the sleeve but there's nothing to keep them in the sleeve. thanks for any help!

When I replaced all the loom in my 88 5.0 those tan tabs were secured with some sort of gaffer's tape from the factory. When I installed the new loom I used small zip ties, 2 each per tab, one on each side of the "T".

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

thanks! there are plenty of engine room pix out there and you can see this wire bundle but no attachment photos.

With a bit of patience, I managed to tuck the wires through the top cross member at the radiator.