Close

Default Console mounting bracket height

I’m putting an interior together in an 86 that I bought which basically had all the interior pieces in the trunk. There were two different mounting brackets for the front part of the console and one for the rear along with three or four ashtrays. The two front mounting brackets are different heights and the ashtrays are all the same size which are too tall to fit in the console. For all I know some of these pieces might and even be for a Mustang. Does anyone know if different year cars came with different height brackets/ashtrays as well as if there are different rear mounting brackets? Thanks

There are two brackets. One in back of the emergency brake and one attached to the front of the center console which is under the ash tray on top of the center console

Hope this helps. I think Trey did a better job at answering the question. My pics are from an 85 Mustang.

Man, I have some rust work to do. Pictures reveal everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The T5 Mustangs/Capris had an additional trans hump to better seal around the shifter that adds height to the floor pan. This necessitated a shorter or shallower ash tray. The earlier cars and the automatics don't have the added hump and use the deeper ash tray.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. You nailed it, this setup came out of an automatic and the car is a stick so problem solved! Thanks again

Does anyone know how tall the front mounting bracket is on the stick cars. With my aod to t5 swap the front of the console is sitting up to high.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone have a set of these brackets they dont need? I am in a similar boat, bought a console but I dont think I have the brackets... lots to learn still lol