Close

Default Weatherstripping

I need it all. Trunk and both front doors, dew wipes for both front windows as well.
    it looks like from doing research that jc Whitney used to carry replacements but no longer does.
    I’ll keep searching but if anyone knows where to order this stuff, that would be great!
    i see they offer it for Mustangs but I know the Mustangs and Zephyr/Fairmont are not the same.
    I can measure the length, just looking for the correct stuff as mine is totally wasted.

Thanks and have a nice day
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Thread from just a couple weeks ago about the dew wipes - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ur-door-models.
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
    Thread from just a couple weeks ago about the dew wipes - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ur-door-models.
    Thanks for the speedy response!
    i did see that thread and will order those dew wipes
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

If you're looking for weatherstripping, try Steele Rubber. The hatch weatherstripping for a hatchback Fox Mustang or Capri is the same cross-section shape and about a foot longer than what you need for the trunk lid on a Fairmont or Zephyr.

You mentioned in a post on another thread that you're in Massachusetts. Where in MA are you? I'm in Connecticut outside of Hartford and I've got a 4-cam Modular Motor-powered Futura.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaGuy View Post
    If you're looking for weatherstripping, try Steele Rubber. The hatch weatherstripping for a hatchback Fox Mustang or Capri is the same cross-section shape and about a foot longer than what you need for the trunk lid on a Fairmont or Zephyr.

You mentioned in a post on another thread that you're in Massachusetts. Where in MA are you? I'm in Connecticut outside of Hartford and I've got a 4-cam Modular Motor-powered Futura.
    Wow, that’s awesome! Basically same engine I am swapping in.
    i live near Gillette stadium.
    Coincidentally, my Zephyr was originally from Hartford. I found Hartford Drive In ticket stubs in the ashtray lmao

I’m not too familiar with Hartford, other than I used to date a girl who went to University of Hartford back in the late 80s.

Thanks for the heads up on the weatherstripping, my trunk is especially bad.

I ordered the 79 Mustang hatch trunk, noticed that they have the Mustang doors as well.
    I’m guessing the Mustang doors are shorter than the Fairmont/Zephyr doors?
    Thanks again for the heads up, I appreciate it!

PM sent.

1978 Mercury Zephyr Z7 w/87' 5.0/C4 EFI intercooled twin turbo power

1984 Ford LTD wagon w/87' 5.0/4R70W EFI nitrous outlet X-series

There is a fine line between a hobby ...and mental illness.

Thank you!