Close

Default 1984 Sun Visor bracket removal

Just got new sun visors and I need some guidance. I can guess at how the bracket is removed from the backside of the A pillar trim, but I don't want to break anything. Push down on the spring and it has a notch to line up?? Forgive the rustiness, that'll be taken care of.

I did a search but couldn't find anything that addressed my question already.

Thanks!Attachment 132274

I cant tell what that is. my 84 visors had the spring on the end of the chrome rod that mounted to the hole in the headliner.

I agree. Mine is an earlier model, but the spring was not attached to the trim like that. The spring came out with the visor itself
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Power Member

That’s Not like any regular mustang sun visor. I’m thinking it’s a convertible visor and they come as 1 piece as pictured. If it’s a different model, you need to call it out so we don’t have to guess.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

They are not removable. The rod is installed last into the painted trim piece, then is it flaired/swedged over the spring assembly. The trim piece is what wears out most of the time, making the visors droop or swing back into you.

You don't need to remove the rod to replace the visor, it just pulls off (forcefully with lots of twisting action).

Kenny

I bought later year model visors that had the clips on them and installed them so they would not get loose and swing back.
    Attached Images Attached Images