Close

Default 3g conversion HELP

Hey folks! I'm currently in the process of completing my 1g to 3g conversion on my 85 gt. formally a CFI car that was missing most of its wiring when I bought it, so i dont have much of a reference here. I'm doing the swap using the pa performance kit so I can keep the dummy light working in the dash. I'm mostly done the swap but have a few questions. Name:  20200426_170540.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  105.3 KB first this orange/blue wire that I found dangling about that leads to the "f" terminal on the new external regulator (it was in the same loom as the black/orange wire going to the 1g alt). This is what I believe to be the field wire and should connect to the green wire on the 3g harness, I'm I correct on this? Name:  20200426_170924.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  113.6 KB second, this green/red wire connects to the "s" terminal on the external regulator and seems to lead to another connector that doesn't plug into anything. I'm assuming I'm missing some of the wiring here or that it's for the original CFI harness. What should this wire connect to and what does it do? Do I leave it alone and unplugged? I might be beating a dead horse here but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for online any help is appreciated. Thank you!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...nator-in-an-83

Might help some. I guess you had no wiring for external voltage regulator.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

I have the wiring connecting to the external voltage regulator, it's where the wires go to from there that I'm missing.Name:  20200427_145547~3.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  98.5 KB the "f" terminal coming off of my regulator (orange/blue wire) I believe went to the 1g harness but can't confirm as I don't have the harness. Is this correct? The green/red wire "s" on the external regulator leads down to the connector seen in the middle of the picture. I don't have this harness either, and don't even know what it went to. The yellow wire pictured, "a" on the external regulator is the only one going to anything. It leads to a bundle of fused links that then connects to a thicker yellow wire that goes through the fire wall into it's own grommet.

Well I’ll be honest, I bought the PA performance kit too but have not installed it yet. I’m just not ready for that yet at this stage in my swap. I did read through the instructions briefly and they seemed kinda confusing.

i know my car is a 79 and not CFI, but here is a schematic for my car. It shows the orange and blue wire, and the red and green wire as well. Maybe this will help?

Name:  tSbuJL.png
Views: 75
Size:  368.0 KB
    Last edited by massacre; 04-27-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.