Close

Thread: Carpet

Scott

Default Carpet

I am a proud owner of a 85 GT. I am now in the process of restoring the interior. The car was used as a daily driver by my dad and has taken quite a beating. Does anybody know of good seats and carpet. I am a high school student and have a tight buget. any help or past experences would be great.

when we replaced the carpet in my brothers 86 gt ttop car, we bought the carpet from brothers for $109, the hatch carpet cost additional too. The carpet quality is VERY good. While I forgot the name of the manufactor who makes that carpet (pm my bro 50 proof if you have any q's)

50resto sells the EXACT same carpet that brothers does. It does come in a box, though, all rolled up, and you will have to lay it in the sun for a day or two to get all the wrinkles out. When it was all smooth, my brother layed his old carpet on top of the new, and traced the holes to be cut for the belts, etc. He then layed in the new carpet, and used the holes as a pattern for where to cut for the belts/shifter holes.

If you don't want to spend that much, check ebay. I bought a very nice oem used carpet shipped to my door for under $80.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

cmclean

ACC makes the carpet that www.50resto.com sells. It is about as good as it gets for the money.